Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/6/2001 12:33:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2001 10:50:02 PM EDT by HANGFIRE]
[URL]http://www.claremont.org/publications/loneranger010600.cfm[/URL] The Lone Ranger Remembered Just a quick note on the death of The Lone Ranger, Clayton Moore. I remember watching the Lone Ranger on Ch. 11 when I was a kid. It was syndicated before syndication was cool. It was a great show for kids because it helped instill them with the principles that the boomer generation has rejected. Looking back now I see it was a powerful reinforcement of the principles our parents taught us. I have reprinted the Lone Ranger Creed below. A wonderfully conservative statement. God bless the Lone Ranger, and may Clayton Moore rest in peace. The Lone Ranger Creed I believe: * That to have a friend, a man must be one. * That all men are created equal and that everyone has within himself the power to make this a better world. * That God put the firewood there, but every man must gather and light it himself. * In being prepared physically, mentally and morally to fight when necessary, for that which is right. * That a man should make the most of what equipment he has. * That "This government, of the people, by the people, and for the people" shall live always. * That men should live by the rule of what is best for the greatest number. * That sooner or later, somewhere, somehow, we must settle with the world and make payment for what we have taken. * That all things change but truth, and that truth alone lives on forever. * In my Creator, my country, my fellow man. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Subscribe to the Claremont Institute's Precepts to receive the latest news and information about national politics and other topics via e-mail. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- All pages copyright © 1999 The Claremont Institute
Link Posted: 8/6/2001 9:25:36 PM EDT
Good man, his son also Clayton Moore Jr and I used to work at a gun shop in Austin Tx, he still works there. I spent many Saturday afternoons, watching the "Lone Ranger. Got to meet Sr when he came for a visit to his son. KenS
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 7:14:20 PM EDT
Funny, I don't see anything about being a pussy and crying to the Feds in the Lone Ranger's creed. Did I miss something?
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 7:21:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/16/2001 7:29:27 PM EDT by brouhaha]
Link Posted: 8/17/2001 5:26:16 PM EDT
[blue][SIZE=5][B]HANGFIRE!! IS IT NECESSARY TO MAKE ALL OF YOUR POST HEADLINES IN BOLD ALL CAPITALS? IS THE END OF THE WORLD COMING OR ARE YOU JUST CRAVING ATTENTION AGAIN?[/blue][/SIZE=5][/b] [red][size=3][b] HELL0? HELLO? HELLO? [img]a139.g.akamaitech.net/7/139/622/10003904243026/abcnews.go.com/media/Entertainment/images/ap_anne_robinson_010419_w.jpg[/img] JOHNNY W. KING, *YOU* ARE THE WEAKEST LINK! [/size=3] [size=5] GOODBYE ! [/B][/size=5][/red]
Top Top