Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2001 6:05:20 AM EDT
We have all wondered why Hollywood is so anti-gun and why law abiding gun owners are almost never portrayed positively in the movies.  Here is one of the reasons:

[url]eiconline.org/violence[/url]

Some of their Tip Sheets are pure unmitigated anti-gun propaganda:
[url]eiconline.org/violence/tipsheet1.html[/url]

There is an email address at the bottom of the page; be sure to write the person and give her some of the truth.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 6:08:57 AM EDT
[#1]
In 1996 and '97 more Americans were killed by firearms than were killed in the entire 11 years of the Vietnam war (Firearm Injury Center, University of Pennsylvania Medical Center, 1999).

Doesnt that display that well trained people with fully automatic firearms and explosives can actually be better then un-educated gun abusers?
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 7:07:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 7:12:46 AM EDT
[#3]
It has nothing to do with the fact that the industry embraces the drug culture.
Nothing to do with many actors being overly indulgent and unable to cope with life.
Nothing to do with the atmosphere required to become successful.
Everything has to do with an inanimate object.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 7:35:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the tip; there is some very interesting reading material on the site.  More interesting, I think, is the fact that Gerald McRaney (a member of the NRA) is listed on the site as a member of the Board of Trustees.  Perhaps law-abiding gun owners should write Mr. McRaney and let him know that he should be more careful in choosing the organizations that he lends his name to.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 7:59:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Their list (guns v. celebs) only goes back about 40 years. I wonder how long the list would be for automobile crashes.

96-97. I'm not sure those figures would stand up. Every year about the same number of americans are killed on the highways than died in Vietnam...............

Yes interesting the celebs who favor de-criminalizing drugs want to outlaw/restrict acces to guns. So you can control how you take mind altering substances but you aren't to be trusted with a mechanical device.

I wonder how may celebs on the death list killed themselves while on drugs or while trying to get clean. I wonder how many celebs were killed by people that were on drugs.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 8:06:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Before we all dump on Gerald McRaney, maybe it's a good thing to have the NRA "infiltrate" an organization like this, even though he may be a lone voice in the wilderness.
Link Posted: 8/5/2001 8:17:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top