Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2001 5:38:00 AM EDT
Good Morning, I have looking to purchase a 45 ca. I had considered the new Taurus P-145 because of it's size, any suggestions?
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 7:07:03 AM EDT
[#1]
I would recommend that your (first?) .45 caliber handgun would be a model 1911, like an old Colt or a Kimber government model.  That will teach you proper functionality, control, & a little history at the same time.  Master that one first, & if you fall in love w/ it then you're set.  If you want to improve (an opinion open to impending flames, I'm sure,) look at the Glock 21 or 30, Sig 220, H&K USP, &/or the Taurus.
Good luck, my brother.
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 7:42:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Buy a Rock Island Armory Model 1911 so you can do a review on it [;)]

Ref:  [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=41758[/url]
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 7:55:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 8:17:31 AM EDT
[#4]
See if you can get a dealer to order you one of the Argentine M1911A1 copies, the Sistema Colt model 1927. They are as good as U.S.G.I., all parts inter change and they are reletively cheap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top