Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Posted: 8/3/2001 12:19:30 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/3/2001 12:29:25 PM EST by 71-Hour_Achmed]
Are we f*cked or what? [:D] [url]http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010803/bs/markets_crash_dresdner_dc.html[/url] Some quotes:
``The revisions to productivity next week will undoubtedly leave Mr. Greenspan looking very foolish,'' it said. ``Investing in the U.S. miracle will in retrospect be seen as a sick joke. The markets will be forced to confront this harsh reality on August 7,'' DrKW Global Equity Strategist Albert Edwards wrote. ``Make a date in your diary! The U.S. 'new paradigm' will then be officially revised away! The risks of an equity crash are high,'' he added.
View Quote
My take on it: his bank must have shorted a bunch of stocks, and the market has been going sideways or up, costing them a fortune. JMHO, but unless the "revisions" wipe out eight years of solid growth, his statements are pretty ludicrous. (Edited to make the link active. --71HA)
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 12:36:51 PM EST
Originally Posted By 71-Hour_Achmed: My take on it: his bank must have shorted a bunch of stocks, and the market has been going sideways or up, costing them a fortune. JMHO, but unless the "revisions" wipe out eight years of solid growth, his statements are pretty ludicrous.
View Quote
Jeeeeeez, predictions from a "leading German-based investment bank". Kind of like those hypesters and nay-sayers at raging bull or silicone investor, but on a larger scale. Yea, I think they shorted as well, and are attempting to unbury themselves. If you talk to 10 different economists, you'll get 15 different predictions.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 10:12:39 PM EST
Woo hoo! It is going to be "Patriots: Surviving the Coming Collapse" for real! I need to buy another box of .22 and .38!
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 6:15:13 AM EST
I need to go buy another brick of .22 for the big show down .
Link Posted: 8/4/2001 6:55:57 AM EST
Top Top