Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/3/2001 5:16:01 AM EDT
It's the fighting art that the IDF and Israeli police use, and it's being taught to some PDs here in the states now, apparently. A friend of mine is taking it, and told me to take a look at it. I went out and took the intro class and I've never sweat so much from an hour of doing anything before. I went back the second night and took another beginners class, then the fight class right after that. Last night was a weapons class and then another beginners class. It's pretty cool because you don't spar for points, you put on protective gear and go at it at about 75% force. The system is based on natural reactions to attacks, and turning those reactions into brutal responses. There are no high kicks like in tae kwon do, and no katas. A lot of low kicks, none above the groin, from kicking distance, a [b]LOT[/b] of punches (I can barely lift my arms after three consecutive days of classes) and elbows and knees. If you're interested, take a look at [url]www.kravmaga.com[/url]. There's a locator function on the website that will tell you where the nearest classes are to you. tired Jarhead out.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 5:26:56 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 5:30:54 AM EDT
Sweep, I don't know if this is near you at all, but the website shows a location in Griffin, GA, down in the southwest corner of the state. Jarhead out.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 5:54:33 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 5:59:06 AM EDT
Sweep, click the link: [url]http://kravmaga.com/Home/Training_Locator/training_locator.html[/url] This is the info they have posted about the school in Griffin: Chappell Karate Academy 110 S. 5th St. Griffin, GA 79410 770-229-5173 Contact: John Chappell It doesn't look like LEO only to me.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 6:05:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/3/2001 6:04:21 AM EDT by Coversix]
Thank you for posting, Jarhead. I'm always interested in new styles. Coversix P.S. I just checked the locator. Tell your instructor that all your friends in WA are pissed since they don't have a single school within two states distance. {grumble}
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 6:49:47 AM EDT
This post woke me up, and I found a potential studio near the house. Always wanted to try this style but the commute to L.A. was too long. Thanks for the info.
Top Top