Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/2/2001 4:35:01 PM EDT
Former LA Mayor thinks he might run against Gov. Davis.

Not sure what to think, this is the guy who calls himself a Republican but not too many of us in Ca. are willing to call him that.   I've heard the word "traitor" used once or twice to describe him.

He is hardly gun friendly if I remember correctly.   Who's he going to take with him if he were to be elected?   Chief Bernard Parks as Attorney General?    *ME SHUDDERS!*
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 4:46:59 PM EDT
[#1]
If you want my opinion, I'd rather take my chances with Davis. Davis is actually more of a moderate on the whole gun control thing. Not that moderates are truly supportive of the 2nd, but they don't actually want to ban guns. The same can't be said of his Dem contemporaries in the CA legislature.

Anyhoo, I don't really like either of 'em, so I just hope we get a real Republican as a candidate, not some Jeffords/McCain wannabe. The Republicans might have a chance considering all the energy mishaps.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Calif. Secretary of State Bill Jones, is a strong supporter of our 2nd Amend rights, and he is definitely running against Davis.  He just sent me a letter soliciting money for his campaign.  Just blow this Riordan fellow off, he is anti-gun through and through.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 8:46:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Jones is one possible canidate but not too sure about him. Check out this guy - Bill Simon.
[url]http://www.simonforgovernor.com/[/url]

I heard him on the Michael Savage radio show the other day. Seems very conservative and came right out and said he supports the second as an individual right.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 8:48:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Too bad Ashcroft already has a job.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top