Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2001 12:05:21 PM EDT
Gore Stepping Out

Thursday, August 02, 2001
WASHINGTON — Al Gore has accepted an invitation to campaign for Democrat Jim McGreevey in his race to become New Jersey governor. [b]And he plans to help train and finance young party activists to work in several elections this year, associates say. [/b]

The former vice president and 2000 Democratic presidential nominee has kept a low profile since losing the closest presidential election in more than a century.

But friends indicate he is preparing to gradually step back into public view and politics in the coming months.

Gore has given no indication of his long-term political plans.

About two dozen young Democrats will attend a weeklong workshop in mid-August focused on grass-roots activism and increasing voter participation.

They are also expected to attend a bipartisan daylong workshop Aug. 11 at Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tenn., on these topics that Gore is holding with former Tennessee Gov. Lamar Alexander, a Republican.

The young Democrats will work with state and local Democratic parties in several states -- including Virginia, New Jersey and New York. Details were not outlined, but Virginia and New Jersey elect governors this year; New York City chooses a mayor.

Gore associates gave no timetable for his appearances with McGreevey, the Woodbridge mayor, who is running against Republican Bret Schundler, the mayor of Jersey City.

Workshop participants were recommended by Gore's allies in the training efforts, including Rep. Harold Ford Jr. of Tennessee, state Sen. Ray Lesniak of New Jersey and Rep. Lucille Roybal-Allard of California.

The training academy will be financed through Gore's long-standing political action committee, associates say. He will launch an updated political action committee this fall.

----------------------------------------------
Gore "training" or "re-educating".   I suppose the "young party activists" are already in to deep.  They no not the error of thier ways.

Link Posted: 8/2/2001 12:09:36 PM EDT
[#1]
He's a knucklehead, hopefully a harmless one.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 12:11:19 PM EDT
[#2]
This is great news for Republicans.  Gore is an idiot and everyone knows it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 12:14:42 PM EDT
[#3]
LOSER!!!  [beer]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 12:16:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Right!  If I were a democrat running for office, I would [b]definitely[/b] want Algore advising me.

Sort of like asking Captain E.J. Smith for navigational advice...
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 12:17:59 PM EDT
[#5]
O-thats nice get Algore tohelp you win, thta will work out great.

Next this guy will have Mike Tyson look after his wife when he is out of town.

Link Posted: 8/2/2001 12:22:48 PM EDT
[#6]
[b]So the beast finely rears it's ugly head.[/b]

If it's anything like the class he taught, everyone should be bored half way through it.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm thinking that sitting in on his lectures might just be the worst kink of psychological torture for me.  I would not be able to keep myself quite.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 12:29:02 PM EDT
[#8]
How funny, a 'Young Democrat Academy', maybe all activists will be as exciting as Gore soon.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 1:05:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Great...... [b]THE ROBOT IS BACK.[/b]

Link Posted: 8/2/2001 1:33:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Actually, I wouldn't underestimate him.  He was, after all, taught by a "master".

I'm sure he'll impart all his good followers with the same 3 rules he was taught by the big WC.

1) Admit nothing
2) Deny everything
3) Make counter-accusations

After all... He didn't lose the election, it was "stolen".  (and there's still a lot of people who believe that).

[:D]

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top