Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2001 12:02:25 PM EDT
If a person wanted to start a gun manufacturing company ....aside from monitary and sales concerns this is purly hypothetical Is it hard (legally) Restrictions on design, caliber type (not talking full auto here) say if I wanted to manufacture a pump 22LR mini pistol (I dont) how much regulation is there. are there any sites that talk about this... also how in the hell do you get a liscence to design missles or armor or whatever for the Goverment. You cant personnaly own a missle so what laws cover manufacturing and selling of weapons to and for the military....?
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 12:43:14 PM EDT
Good god man, what are you thinking?? Sometimes I do wish someone has said that yo me about a year ago. Ok, someone did, but I didnt listen. Anyhow, there is a whole lot o stuff that goes with being a MFG. If far as legal stuff, start with a call to the ATF and get a license pack. It has forms and books. Ok, designing for the military, now that is a rough one. It can be done. Contact the US Small Business Admin., they have a list of things to be invented. Some is military stuff. And you can get funding. The whole thing of being a vendor to the government is changing. The changes are good if you are a small business, great if you are female, minority or disadvantaged.
Top Top