Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2001 11:58:49 PM EDT
I have a chance to pick one up tomorrow. 14 1/2 inch M4 barrel, permanent A2 lookalike brake, Knight's RIS with Aimpoint CompM, forward handle, rear flip up sight. I haven't found any comments on this rifle. Anyone here have any opinions as to the quality of this rifle? Is it worth getting? Thanks
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 3:23:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 4:35:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Is it worth getting? Thanks
View Quote

Yes, the Stoner is an excellent rifle and comes with everything you would want to add to an AR. You don't get a lot of comment because they are a little pricey. Subtract the KM RIS, 2-stage trigger, and chrome bolt though and you have the price of a regular AR.
Link Posted: 8/2/2001 5:28:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Great rifle in every respect, except for the moronic simulated flash hider they put on it.

Link Posted: 8/2/2001 5:39:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I will have to echo M4 and Oslow. Get it, you won't be disappointed. And if you are, maybe I'll buy it off you...

Happy (functional muzzle brake) hunting,
havoc

Link Posted: 8/2/2001 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I can't tell without a picture, so don't hang me if I'm wrong. If it's a 1999, 2000, or 2001 post ban SR-15 M4, then it's not a 14 1/2 inch barrel with a RAS, not RIS. RIS is for older M4s to mount things on. It's a 16 inch barrel with a press on fake bird cage just like the one on the LEGP. Now, if you don't like a muzzle brake in practice but like the looks, it looks very good in person. In the pics it doesn't look good at all. And it does protect the crown. I have both the LEGP and the SR-15 M5, which is the 20" barrel  version.  In ral life, the fake brake really acutally looks good. Knights produced less than 1000 guns for for the civilian market in 99, so you get a very limited producted if that kind of thing appeals to you. You won't see them in the next stall at the range. Take a look at [url}www.wizardsofaz.com/ar15dotcom/legp1.htm[/url] and tell me if that is what your M4 looks like. That's a RAS.  List on the SR-15 M4 puppy is 1295..with nothing else on it, no grip, no scope. Folow the links above and you'll see my SR-15. It's a very balanced, well built weapon...fun. I've been experimenting with configurations since I got it. You will like it..you'll just pay for the like a lot.
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 12:58:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I bought the rifle today.  The upper is stamped SR15 M4.  The barrel is 14 1/2 inches and has the birdcage lookalike brake welded on.  It has the RAS handguards (comparing this handguard to the RAS pictured in J&T catalog) with the vertical grip.  Two stage trigger.  The finish and quality are beautiful.  Much nicer than my Colt A3.  This came with the Knight's mount and an Aimpoint Comp M.  So far, I am very satisfied with this purchase.  I can't wait to shoot it.  Thanks for all the help.  thewizardofaz, I couldn't get your url to work, but thanks all the same.  Now I want I a Bushmaster preban....just because. ;)
Link Posted: 8/3/2001 8:53:04 AM EDT
[#7]
ugh...typo...[url]www.wizardsofaz.com/ar15dotcom/legp1.html[/url]

Sorry. Are you sure the bc is welded on & not a press on? Is there a bayonet mount? Sounds interesting...my KAC SR-15 looks like it is welded, even has a fake peel washer..but it's a press on for sure. Post some pics when you get a chance. Welcome to the Stoner Club!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top