Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2001 8:35:37 PM EDT
Thought you would want to know. The Sgt is sleeping, but not too peacefully. It wasn't the "touch of heaven" he had hoped like the first Epidural. As a matter of fact now his right foot is numb, and from the way he is yelling in his sleep, he still has a LOT of pain.
Here's to hope and prayer it will let up soon!!!
Promise to wait on him hand and foot until he is up and around to posting again!

Joyce
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 8:39:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 8:42:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the update, wish him good luck!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 8:46:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Beekeeper--TOO LATE!!! :)
After 16 years, I still have to spoil him sometimes!
Will let him know!
Joyce
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 9:14:39 PM EDT
[#4]
May God Bless Your Family. [>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 9:24:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Hi Joyce. I've heard about you from the hubby. You must be something special to wait on him like that [b]and[/b] let him have all those guns. [:D]

Give George my best and tell him to hang in there.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 9:36:18 PM EDT
[#6]
God Bless you and yours Joyce, I understand what both of you are going through.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 10:05:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Thank you all!
Pathfinder-Heard about you too! ~ Don't worry-it's all good!:)
Not too special, just believe that a man needs something dear to his heart to keep going at times. If it is guns, and he is responsible, I have no objection. [Even let him use "my" russian sometimes!:) ]Thank you though!
He has stilled somewhat and is sleeping better now. Kids and I are going to have a campout downstairs so that he won't wake up from any noise.
God's Blessings to all
Joyce
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 10:15:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Please wish him well!  

Link Posted: 7/31/2001 10:39:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Ms. Joyce:

You guys will be in my prayers tonight......er um....today or whenever I go to sleep or not.

Anyhow tell him that we are all thinking about him and spoil him some but not so much that he tries to get the same treatment from us bunch o' nuts.

Bless you all.
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 12:52:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Oh noooo!!! Say it ain't so Joyce.

I remember the major and risky surgery last October? And I email him and he thought he was getting better. Now this?

Darn. Please let him know lbj is still wishing him the best and I will email in the near future to see how he is doing. Thanks for the update and get BETTER sgt and dun make lbj fret like this.

If not for you do it for "worried and concerned" ol' lbj please. And beat this thing. Dun give up! Keep the faith and your strength of will and character you have displayed here on this Board. Ya know it's true.

lbj a lot of things but truthful he is. And lbj knows a good person when he has contact with them and that is sgt. Trust me.
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 1:31:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Promise to wait on him hand and foot until he is up ....
Joyce
View Quote

This is a quote I will never let you forget!
[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

Couldn't make out that last part thought.......

sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 1:46:24 AM EDT
[#12]
Well, it is now 2:26am PST and I am finally awake. Thanks from all the kind thoughts from various people: PTHFNDR,X-Kill,Rbad,HANGFIRE,LBJ and others.

Yes I did have a double level fussion last January LBJ. It did remove some of the pain and stopped my left leg from going numb.  But remember, I had [b]four[/b] leaking disks, L2-S1, plus other degenerative bone problems.  The Doctors can't fuse all four disks.  The pain I feel today is the result of the remaining problems which nothing really can be done about. All injuries are differnt LBJ, so don't compare mine to yours.

This is the way I view my current situation: Lesser men then men have faught greater battles then me.  Well, this is my battle--[b]And with GOD's help I will win this!![/b]

I will also let you all on a little secret.  I am now 36 years old, in my early twenties I was quite rowdy and "indulged" alot in the "poor man's cocaine".  I truly believe this has highly contributed to the current situation.

So if you have ever wondered why I am so anti-drug, now you know why. Cause I have been there and paid the price--------Ten Fold!

sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 2:25:12 AM EDT
[#13]

You and yours are in our thoughts and prayers.
Thanks for the update.

Del
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 3:00:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Good luck sgtar15 - we have some similarities - I'm 36 and used to like to go fast too.  You're right - drugs suck.

God speed,

Tate
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 4:30:37 AM EDT
[#15]
sgtar15,

Lougotzz here:
 You got that right with Gods help you will win this!!
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 7:20:19 AM EDT
[#16]
I Gotta ask:

What is the "poor man's crack" ?

Thanks.
SS
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 7:39:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Poor man's cocaine is crank,speed,meth and so on and so on.

Very hard on the bone structure.

Lesson learned---the hard way[;)]

sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 8:27:10 AM EDT
[#18]
And now..... I will step out and give the forum back to the man that I love. But I had to say thank you first.
You guys are wonderful... Thank you for all your prayers and support.
Mrs. Sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 8:32:56 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 9:22:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top