Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
6/21/2017 8:25:40 PM
Posted: 7/31/2001 5:51:33 PM EDT
I am ready to buy a L1A1, on an Imbel receiver, but can't seem to find one. J&G Sales (Prescott, AZ) has them, but will not ship to MA, No one knows why??? FAC aka Federal Arms Corp, has L1A1 on a [b]US made receiver[/b], but they don't know if it is an Imbel??? Wholesale Guns & Ammo has them, but I read on one of these forums to watch out for these guys. Who has these rifles for about $450? My local shop is ready to send out his FFL to any place that has one of these for me. Thanx OSA
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 5:59:03 PM EDT
The FAC L1A1's are made on a Hesse receiver. One word on Hesse, ROUGH. Go to www.fnfal.com for information.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 6:02:47 PM EDT
i have had good dealings with wholesale guns and ammo. there are plenty of century l1a1 sporters (t-hole stock, all imported components other than the fugly stock) out there for sale...and ripe for a pistol grip and usa parts. mostly, these early imports had crisp bores...and some had worn gas pistons/tubes (but that's an easy fix). sadly, in the sub 5 bones range, the stg-58 is everywhere. some have good bores, most that i've seen show significant wear. if the fed arms is on a hesse receiver, steer clear. some fal-smiths won't touch a hesse rec. unless a flame wrench is in their hands.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 6:03:18 PM EDT
Wholesale G-N-A are ok to deal with, they just have cocky attitudes. I think those are going for $430 from them.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 6:13:38 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 7:21:33 PM EDT
Thanx all I will order form Wholesale G N A tomorrow. OSA
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 7:24:38 PM EDT
If you get that one cool but if not just go to WWW.SHOTGUNNEWS.COM Try the wish list it worked for me.
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 4:47:56 PM EDT
The Wholesale G N A add in Shotgun news is a miss-print. The rifles they have are on the Century Arms (CIA) receiver. I also found out that Federal Arms Corp (FAC) rifles are also on the CIA receiver. I took a trip into the city and found a rifle with the Imbel receiver like I wanted. I paid a couple hundred dollars more than Wholesale G N A or FAC had advertised, but I got to inspect the rifle first hand. I figured that wholesale on the rifle was $430/450, I would have to pay the FFL holder 10% of the $430 for the transfer fee, and then $10 shipping. Then if there was a problem, I would have to pay to ship it back. I may of paid a little more, but I got to see what I was buying, and if it doesn't work, the dealer will have to pay to make it right. The dealer I bought it from is a nice down to earth guy. I visit his shop about 10 times a year, and he always seems to remember me. This is the second gun I bought from him. OSA
Top Top