Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 7/31/2001 2:16:51 PM EDT
Just flew in this a.m., took a nap and am headed to the ramp. Anyone know of where I can get a good steak and brew?
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 2:51:16 PM EDT
In my opinion: [url]http://www.texazgrill.com/[/url] Nothing fancy, just top quality meat, good service and fair prices. They are at 16th St. and Bethany in Phoenix. The website has a map. I've been going for about 15 years.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 2:55:47 PM EDT
Harold's in Cave Creek
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 2:58:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 4:09:03 PM EDT
I really enjoyed the Black Angus on Camelback Rd. I think they are a chain, but if they are, they're a really good one! Big portions of great steak.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 4:24:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By gus: I really enjoyed the Black Angus on Camelback Rd. I think they are a chain, but if they are, they're a really good one! Big portions of great steak.
View Quote
Yup big west coast chain. I like Outback myself. Bloomin Onion while having a beer or 3 then hit the steak. That bread they give is awesome. Load it up with butter.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 4:29:23 PM EDT
Originally Posted By lordtrader:
Originally Posted By gus: I really enjoyed the Black Angus on Camelback Rd. I think they are a chain, but if they are, they're a really good one! Big portions of great steak.
View Quote
Yup big west coast chain. I like Outback myself. Bloomin Onion while having a beer or 3 then hit the steak. That bread they give is awesome. Load it up with butter.
View Quote
Lordtrader - you're smack in the middle of steak hous heaven there in Dallas. Have you checked any of the good ones out yet? I liked Trail Dust best, but Old San Francisco was a little classier (and more expensive). Both were excellent. Have the brews for desert at the Million Dollar Saloon!
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 4:34:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/31/2001 4:30:31 PM EDT by Slave1]
Ruth's Chris Steakhouse on Camelback and 24th St. They are the best, they charge for it to. You can easily throw down 100 bucks on dinner for two there.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 4:34:54 PM EDT
Million Dollar Saloon on Greenville. Yeah I've been there. Tried the chains so far. Spring Creek BBQ, Texas Land and Cattle and a few others.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 5:23:49 PM EDT
All the above are good but Austin's Steak House on Scottsdale Road in Old Town Scottsdale has the best steak I have ever eaten!!! yum..[:)]
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 5:28:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/31/2001 5:27:50 PM EDT by TEREK]
Originally Posted By antiUSSA: Harold's in Cave Creek
View Quote
Or Greasewood Flats Or Pinnacle Peak Patio
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 7:01:01 PM EDT
Ruth's Chris Steakhouse is the best in the valley. If you want something close to the airport. Montis Le Casa Vieja is good. [url]www.montis.com[/url] (Sorry I have to plug Montis, I went to school with Mike, and his father lived around the corner from me).
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 8:01:25 PM EDT
In my opinion, which no one asked for, steaks should be seasoned while cooking, or marinated slightly, and eaten with no other bullshit on it!!! For god's sake don't put A-1 on your steak!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmm meat! Balming
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 8:28:51 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Balming: In my opinion, which no one asked for, steaks should be seasoned while cooking, or marinated slightly, and eaten with no other bullshit on it!!! For god's sake don't put A-1 on your steak!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmm meat! Balming
View Quote
I'll second that! I marinate and/or season while cooking myself. The only time I call in the A-1 is when the first bite of the steak tells me I need to. Good meat needs nothing........cept a good brew or glass of tea if thats your choice!
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 9:55:44 PM EDT
Someone invite him over and cook him a slab. Where's your hospitality?
Top Top