Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2001 5:23:40 AM EDT
Yes, in about 8 hours I will be in Heaven for a short time.

I will be getting a second epideral for my on going back injury which started 1 1/2 years ago.  I will be pain free and full of nice strong pain relievers.  I can honestly say I am looking forward to it because it will give me at least a day completely without pain, something I haven't had for a long time.

So call me up around 6:00pm PST and I will tell you all about the pretty little colors[<]:)].

sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 5:28:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 5:33:55 AM EDT
[#2]
They must be injecting you with Horse Tranquilizer or some really strong sh*t. [bounce]
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 5:40:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
They must be injecting you with Horse Tranquilizer or some really strong sh*t. [bounce]
View Quote

I can only hope [:D], because [b]CRONIC PAIN SUCKS!![/B]

SGTAR15
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 6:08:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Make sure someone stands by so you don't give any secret information while "away in happy land"[;)]
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 6:26:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't worry, the local Democratic Flaming Liberal {Grayouts Davis} will be by my side so anything I say will be total misconstruded and taken out of context [:D].

sgtar15
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 7:05:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Make sure that they do it under flouroscopy !
(so they can image exactly where they are injecting !!!)  Some studies have indicated that epidural injections given under flouroscopy = 100-150% better results...

I've gone through 5 or 6 of them in the past 2 years.... (prior to and subsequent to a failed laminectomy)  Kills like hell for the following 1-2 days, then gives me some relief for a few weeks to a few months.

Keep in mind --  as far as results go --> every person is different.

Good Luck !!!!

Here is a good spinal resource:

[url]http://neuro-mancer.mgh.harvard.edu/cgi-bin/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Spinal+Disorders+2&number=212&DaysPrune=1000[/url]
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 1:14:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Sweet Dreams "Big Boy"! :)
Seriously, I hope everything goes well!
Mae

Link Posted: 7/31/2001 1:53:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I feel for ya' dude. I had two back surgeries recently. That chronic pain routine is no fun. Best of luck to you.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 2:14:38 PM EDT
[#9]
I hurt my back playing soccer last year.  My Siatic nerve killed me for 2 months strait.  It was some of the worst pain I've ever had.  I couldn't sit down for longer than a few seconds because the pain was so bad.  

Back pain is the worst!

I feel for you.  
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 3:01:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Best wishes on your quest to relieve pain. Will you be taking other pain meds? I ask because if an EPIDURAL is given correctly the Patient can function without any consequent side effects. At least in the L&D unit, anyway. Expecting mothers can carry on/function as usual minus the pain. Getting that needle positioned just above the Dura Mater can be tricky for the anesthesiologist or CRNA, so try to stay as still as possible.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 3:43:19 PM EDT
[#11]
EPIDURAL
U
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 4:01:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Author, as a guy who does epidurals on a pretty much daily basis, no need to have it done under fluro, UNLESS you have had previous surgery ie laminectomy or fusion.  Otherwise anyone worth their salt that does this for a living is gonna put the med into the ES.  Perhaps you need to have further studies and procceed with surgery.  Micro discectomies (if that is what is needed) provide almost immediate relief, and you generally go home the same day.  We often do them with just IV sedation annd local anesthetic.  Check into some of the guys that do these procedures for professional atheletes, you can't go wrong. Dennis
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 8:11:45 PM EDT
[#13]
I have degenerative disk disease, with 4 dried out "collapsing" disks.  the pain is incredible sometimes, and the loss of mobilty sucks.  I'm going to make an appointment with one of the better clinics in Birmingham, AL and se what can be done. The local docs want to fuse the disks, but I'm 31 yrs. old, and trying to stay away from surgery until I absolutely have too.

I've thought about going the spinal block/epideral route also.  Let us know how long it lasts.

Balming
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 8:42:33 PM EDT
[#14]
The sgt's wife here----He is sleeping, but not too peacefully. He is in a lot of pain. The epidural didn't work as well as the first.
Now his right foot is numb too! Think the dr hit a nerve!
RBAD~ Thanks for the site-I am already a member and have been communicating with Dr W. there.
Balming-Just to let you know I have ddd too, and the loss of mobility and pain is intense at times.
The epidurals work for some and not others.Check out Bowen therapy for relief of your pain. Worth the effort! The link that RBAD gave is excellent for resources and info! Wish you luck. There are a lot of people there that can give you info and options. Make a post out to Dr. W. and he will answer your questions personally.
God Bless
Joyce
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 12:31:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks like yours did the same as mine.  Had a different and more uncomfortable pain.  Waited as long as I could, finally went under the knife.  No pain as before, please do everything the Doc recommends for after procedure care - it means everything when the spine is involved.

W9VHE - Scott
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top