Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 7/30/2001 11:33:14 PM EDT
In case you needed further proof that the human race is doomed through stupidity, here are some actual label instructions on consumer goods: 1. On Sears hairdryer: "Do not use while sleeping". [Gee, that's the only time I have to] 2. On a bag of Fritos: "You could be winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside". [Evidently, the shoplifter special] 3. On a bar of Dial soap:"Directions: Use like regular soap." [And that would be how...?] 4. On some Swanson frozen dinners: "Serving suggestions: Defrost." [But it's *just* a suggestion] 5. On Tesco's Tiramisu dessert (printed on bottom of box): "Do not turn upside down".[Oops, too late!] 6. On Marks & Spencer Bread Pudding: "Product will be hot after heating". [As sure as night follows the day .....] 7. On packaging for a Rowenta iron: "Do not iron clothes on body". [But wouldn't this save even more time?] 8. On Boot's Children's Cough Medicine: "Do not drive a car or operate machinery after taking this medication". [We could do a lot to reduce the rate of construction accidents if we could just get those 5-year-olds with head-colds off those forklifts.] 9. On Nytol Sleep Aid: "Warning: May cause drowsiness" [One would hope] 10. On most brands of Christmas lights: "For indoor or outdoor use only". [As opposed to what?] 11. On a Japanese food processor: "Not to be used for the other use".[I gotta admit, I'm curious] 12. On Sainsbury's peanuts: "Warning: Contains nuts". [NEWS FLASH] 13. On an American Airlines packet of nuts:> "Instructions: open packet,eat nuts." [Step 3: Fly Delta] 14. On a child's Superman costume: Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly" [I don't blame the company. I do blame parents for this one!]
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 12:01:28 AM EDT
Ah yes, when personal responsibility goes the way of the dinosaur, and lawyers rule the world. Hey, aren't peanuts a type of bean? [:D]
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 2:29:32 AM EDT
In a world where someone can sue because their PopTart caught on fire in the toaster, this sort of nonsense becomes required.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 6:41:12 AM EDT
Here is more proof: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,30925,00.html
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 7:04:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/31/2001 7:08:24 AM EDT by HANGFIRE]
Originally Posted By MIerinMD: Here is more proof: [url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,30925,00.html[/url]
View Quote
"I'm a married guy that likes to wear this pretty stuff under my business suit. I love the way it feels, and knowing I may have on sexier undies than most of the women in the office. Please send a catalogue so my wife can pick out something nice for my birthday."
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 7:10:24 AM EDT
These products have to have such warnings to prevent lawsuits from idiots. What has America come too...
Top Top