Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/19/2001 7:07:14 PM EDT
What do they think of this mag addiction?
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 7:25:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Hmmm, [slamming safe door] what Mag addiction are you speaking of??  [}:D]

Since I am the only one that has the combo, there is no addiction, just misplaced assets. [;)]

Regards...
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 7:30:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Hold on I'll ask her.....she already went to bed.  But she has made remarks like "your going overboard with this", "why the heck do you need so many of those things?", "are all of those the same?", and my favorite, which is used when I come home from a gunshow, "you did'nt buy and more of those damned things did you?"  And it's hard to hide it if I did, cause empty mags rattle alot in a paper bag.  All in all she really does'nt care, she just wonders why I think I have to have so many.  Interestingly enough I'm the same way with flashlights, and she does'nt understand that either.
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 7:56:56 PM EDT
[#3]
She's cool with the hoarding mags.  It's calling the rifles by name that she wouldn't understand.  
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 8:04:01 PM EDT
[#5]
I have 4 storage containers of just mags and drums. She thinks they're all the same one, and still asks "why?". I tell her it's because I can't buy any more here in the PRK, and they're for our "future children".
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 9:23:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 9:27:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 9:51:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I explain that I love her and our son very much and if there ever comes a time when all three of us need to shoot our ARs and Glocks a lot, very quickly, then I want them to have the same assets that I have at their disposal.  That's that!!!  It's LOVE!!!!

she still gives me some sh!t though [:)]

"Look, honey - 39 loaded mags and 1700 rnds in bandoliers **SOUNDS** like a lot to just be "sitting there", but if we ever need this stuff, it needs to be here - and it has to be divied up between **THREE** people.  Better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it.  Oh - those mags and ammo over there?  That stuff's for the range - you know we gotta practice."

BWAHAHA!!!!!

Tate
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 10:21:25 PM EDT
[#9]
It's definately gotten to the point where I have to smuggle new items in to the house. The up side is that with all the firearms stuff I have she has no idea if something is new or not.

Don't ask, don't tell. Everyone's happy.[+]:D]
Link Posted: 3/19/2001 7:25:51 PM EDT
[#10]
The way her jaw dropped when she wrote the check for my two new M1A mags she bought for me at the gun show, I don't think I will get her to buy me any more.
They are easier to hide than guns. I just have to remember not to load them all up at once for a trip to the range.
Link Posted: 3/19/2001 9:18:48 PM EDT
[#11]
My "other half" of 21 years just asked me the other day ... " are you a terrorist ? "  ...hehehe [:D]
Link Posted: 3/19/2001 11:15:10 PM EDT
[#12]
My wife would think I was nuts if she had a clue how many magazines I really have. Why, I've got 70 30-round "Grease Gun" mags, 10 71-round Soumi drums, a dozen AK mags (including 2 drums), 20 M1 carbine mags, 6 Madsen SMG mags, 15 Sten mags, 5 or 6 Makarov mags, 10 20-round 13.2mm Hotchkiss mags and a thousand links for a .30 BMG.

And I don't own and never have owned ANY of these guns. But hey, it's Arm-A-Gettin' time!
Link Posted: 3/19/2001 11:36:16 PM EDT
[#13]
I say, sweetie, you know how you love to buy more shoes and never have enough ? Well it's sort of the same for me and these mags... and she says ohhh .
Link Posted: 3/20/2001 2:53:55 AM EDT
[#14]
When I went out of town for 4 days 2 weeks ago, she asked me where I kept my spare loaded mags so she could get to them quick!  Damn!  After 11 years it just keeps getting better!  See.....  Marriage ain't so bad.
Link Posted: 3/20/2001 3:27:38 AM EDT
[#15]
My wife knows as well as I do that one day full-cap mags will be almost impossible to get ahold of, and VERY expensive.  Her only stipulation is spend wisely and get 'em while you can, but dont go overboard.  Which is exactly how I feel about it, plus Its a matter of a dwindling freedome.

If I had to start sneaking mag's into the house, then either myself or my wife have lost focus on reality!  I mean Really, how many mags are you gonna burn dry on the overrunning hords before your battle buddy reloads one for you!?!?  :)

Besides, doesn't 30 mags for each caliber sound reasonable?

Link Posted: 3/20/2001 3:49:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Boom Stick,  no.   :)

What happens if you have a few AR's and only 30 mags.   A few of your relatives or buddys show up with nothing and your 30 goes to about 5 per gun.  That will not last long at all.  

Stock up!

Link Posted: 3/20/2001 4:07:00 AM EDT
[#17]
the wife just shakes her head, gives me that "God, i married a maniac" look and walks away. one day i took her to the range with my Glock 22 and s&w model 41, along with a crapload of 60's -70's ford and chevy and gm hubcaps. i took the hubcaps 25 yards downrange and proceeded to apply lead to them. they make this nice clanking sound when hit. ive never seen a much bigger smile on her. wait..yes i have..that first night..but then again, thats another story.
Link Posted: 3/20/2001 4:08:42 AM EDT
[#18]
My wife doesn't mind because she NEVER goes to the gun shows with me to see the prices I've had to pay.  She probably thinks that these items couldn't possibly cost more than a dollar or two.  Little does she know...

She does have a clue to any new weapon I buy, however,...IT'S THE ONE I SLEEP WITH!

[i]There is no, repeat, no such thing as TOO MANY MAGS.[/i]
Link Posted: 3/20/2001 5:35:54 AM EDT
[#19]
My first wife cured my second......I had bought lots of valmet mags from Davidsons back when they were giving them away bought for@ 5bucks a piece....my ex stole them and sold them for about 5 bucks a piece.....my second wife figures I am not "quite" as stupid as my first one did....also this wife is a gem -hunter and horsewoman in her own right- loves the outdoors and shooting...pursued these things own her own shed do this with or without me so she has a true understanding and doesnt begrudge me buying things that can no longer be manufactured and demand increases...basic econ 100
Link Posted: 3/20/2001 6:01:42 AM EDT
[#20]
She just kind of snarled when I received my shipment of 4 new Glock 23 13 round drop-frees from CDNN.  When she saw the credit card statement for $500, that is when she snapped.
Link Posted: 3/20/2001 6:16:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Magaholic?  Not me, I don't have a problem.  What are you talking about?
Link Posted: 3/20/2001 6:45:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 3/20/2001 6:54:21 AM EDT
[#23]
luckily[or is that unluckily?]I'm not married yet,just me and my mags[and guns].....Ahhhhhhh freedom..besides I am buying like crazy mags and any thing else pre-ban when the cash is avalible that way when I do get married I will have enough stuff to slow down abit[not alot though]......as for me being a magaholic,speak for yourself! I for one am not addicted,I can stop any time I want to,yea thats it. [:D]
Link Posted: 3/20/2001 9:36:08 AM EDT
[#24]
OK, I'm not gonna win any friends on this one. First the "girls" I know really cannot afford to give me real gifts, ie. Sig550s,etc., so they always give me mags. Most of the "cooler" ones I see regular know what I have and how many. They know colt vs. USGI etc., I taught them well. Whenever they want back on my good side, they come bearing mags. My favorite recent one, (4) AUG mags NEW delivered by the hottest Puerto Rican chick you ever saw. This girl is really too cool. The one time she didn't bring mags, she brought a "friend." I eventually forgave her.
Link Posted: 3/20/2001 5:43:28 PM EDT
[#25]
My girlfriend says were are all a bunch of freaks!

[uzi]
Link Posted: 3/20/2001 6:20:50 PM EDT
[#26]
My wife kicks butt!!!! Not once has she commented on the number of firearms, mags or ammo I have. She even paid half for the safe!!!!!

We have a sort of unwritten agreement. She does not comment on my toys and I don't comment on all her jewelry or those DAMN BEANIE BABIES!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2001 7:10:15 PM EDT
[#27]
My husband has a shit fit when I want to buy anything to do with guns.I get the feeling that I should only spend money on groceries and cigarettes for him.When he wants to buy something "Thats different.""I really need that."His stuff is more important.
He would have a cow if he knew that I spent $70.00+tax for two 20 rd.mags.I probably paid to much but I sure do like having them around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top