Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2001 9:22:28 AM EDT
Hey Guys, I am doing a report on Para-Ordnance P14-45 and P14-45 LDA pistols at Angelo State University this week.  I am in a senior level salesmanship class and my assignment is to play the part of a salesman for Para-Ordnance and sell p14-45 pistols to a major law enforcement organization.  I have done almost all the research I need so far with a few exceptions.  I need to know the following:
1.  How are they priced for LEO?
2.  How else are they promoted other than TV and magazines?
3.  How is the product distributed?
    A.  Channels of Distribution?
    B.  Quantities produced?
    C.  Selling Policies?
I have contacted Para-Ordnance myself asking these questions but they will not return my e-mails.  I would greatly appreciate any help on this as it will count as half of my semester grade.

Link Posted: 7/30/2001 9:40:10 AM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 9:43:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Wish I could help you out. Good luck.

BTW that reminds me, I've got a S**T-LOAD of work due this Friday & Saturday...guess I should get off of these boards and start. [:(]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 10:09:44 AM EDT
[#3]
btt
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 10:17:22 AM EDT
[#4]
They are priced too high for most LEOs, I bought my glock 23 for $ 399. You might try the elite unit approach, like for Swat and HRT teams. Or when you are alone have the best backup a  PO 14 shot 45. aim for departments that have their Officers spread too far apart.
There are also police shows, I was at one in  June that cover new eqquipment. Or a trial program. Let them evaluate a gun.You are beetter off with thew LDA. Most departmental lawyers might prefer it to locked and cocked.
Just some thoughts.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 10:25:10 AM EDT
[#5]
1. Much cheaper than for Civilian.
2. Promo Porfolio plus product sample send directly to the Department.
3. How is the product distributed?
A. Always send to the Chief or Sheriff.
B. A couple of Promo Products and free ammo will suffice
C. Life time warranty Plus free upgrade.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 2:05:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the replies so far, guys.  I still need to know:

How many units are produced each year?

Who are the distributers?

How much do they cost for LEO?
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 2:35:53 PM EDT
[#7]
btt
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 7:06:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Anybody know anything?  Some responce is better than none at all.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 7:48:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 9:26:00 AM EDT
[#10]
btt
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 9:46:27 AM EDT
[#11]
btt, please say something
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 10:09:13 AM EDT
[#12]
btt
Link Posted: 8/1/2001 10:23:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hey Guys, I am doing a report on Para-Ordnance P14-45 and P14-45 LDA pistols at Angelo State University this week.  I am in a senior level salesmanship class and my assignment is to play the part of a salesman for Para-Ordnance and sell p14-45 pistols to a major law enforcement organization.  I have done almost all the research I need so far with a few exceptions.  I need to know the following:
1.  How are they priced for LEO?
2.  How else are they promoted other than TV and magazines?
3.  How is the product distributed?
    A.  Channels of Distribution?
    B.  Quantities produced?
    C.  Selling Policies?
I have contacted Para-Ordnance myself asking these questions but they will not return my e-mails.  I would greatly appreciate any help on this as it will count as half of my semester grade.

View Quote

How are you going to cite this web page Einstein?  If you are researching a college paper, I suggest you do the proper literature review first.  You need to conduct any original research by contacting Para-Ordanance.  Try calling their corporate customer relations, or see if you can get a hold of a marketing or sales person via a distributor. Also refer to the APA for citation rules.  If this is for half your grade, you need more than this web page can provide…….assuming you are actually writing a paper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top