User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2001 7:02:04 PM EDT
Click on link and check out the vid.

[url]http://www.mcuzi.com/lordtrader/cj_5182.wmv[/url]

Any questions?!?!?
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 7:12:30 PM EDT
[#1]
yeah why not just hire so mexicans to do it for you. it'll free up more of your time to shoot other things[}:D]
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 7:26:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually its just a vid I found. That's not really me going postal on a lawn mower. Wish I had the C3 he/she was shooting it with though.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 7:30:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 7:52:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 8:22:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Wanna trade?

I live on 10 acres and mow about 4 acres of it every week.  It takes about 6 hours non-stop just to mow it.  I use a Ford tractor and a 72" mower for the meadow and a John Deere with a 60" mower around the house.  My driveway is 1,100 feet long and grass grows on both side of it all the way.  Then there are the fences, trees and the house to edge around, plus the kids walking trails and along the main road.  

To do it all including edging takes about 10 hours of work.  It cost me about $ 500.00 to get it all mowed once as a Father's day present.  

Yesterday when I mowed it was 104 in the shade with a heat index of 114.  

Link Posted: 7/29/2001 10:05:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 10:54:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 12:22:14 AM EDT
[#8]
My three least favorite things to waste my time doing here on planet Earth...
1. Mowing grass
2. Shaving
3. Washing dishes
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 12:32:41 AM EDT
[#9]
Just get yourself some goats (not Goat Boy[:D]) You won't have to mow your lawn ever again.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 1:20:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 1:53:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Yah mowing really sucks,  I always drink a few beers first, and take frequent breaks.  Somehow I always leave with my toes intact![>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 2:24:28 AM EDT
[#12]
I'd rather take a kick in the nuts that go out and mow the grass.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 2:43:35 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't know about a kick in the nuts, but mowing grass is a pain in the ass. Mine needs mowing right now. [xx(]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 3:23:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Get a flame thrower!...That will take care of the grass.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 3:39:27 AM EDT
[#15]
THis year I bought 6 Yard-Bots.  You have to set up a containment system fo rthem like the invisble fence for dogs, but then you let them go and do their thing, they mow all day long, come back to the garage to charge up and go out again ion the morning.

They do about 15 acres of front lawn between them, and our gardner only has to do touch ups were they miss.

Fantastic devices.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 4:38:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
THis year I bought 6 Yard-Bots.  
Fantastic devices.
View Quote

I've seen does on TechTV in their gadgets program. They are cool indeed. Do they do a good job? Is there a max limit as to how tall the grass is that it can cut?
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 5:14:37 AM EDT
[#17]
They do a "passable" job.  My front lawn is about 15 acrres, it has some plantings and three fountains and a reflecting pool, they vavigate around all these obstructions and with the random walk pattern seem to cover most of the area, it takes them a good 6 days to completely cover the lawn, The lawn looks well kept and it frees the gardner up to do those things my wife wants him to do.  The gardner only has to spend about 20 minutes hitting the spots that the robots miss (usually the back ends of spots...)

We are probably trying to push these little guys past what they were supposd ot do, but so far they have run for two months non-stop (other than battery recharges), no failures of any kind.

They are also safe, I have two children and my brother and sister (same ages as my children) are always outside playing, and these things have yet to clip a toe off....

There was a time there where the dogs wouold turn them turtle, but they lost the fascination with doing that.

If you are interested I will throw one out on some uncut grass of varying height and let you kow how it does.  Just give me the word.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 5:33:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 5:52:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If you are interested I will throw one out on some uncut grass of varying height and let you kow how it does.  Just give me the word.
View Quote

Thanx for the offer, but I live in an appartment and have no use for. Although that have not stopped me from buying things in the past. I just really get into new gizmo's and asked out of curiosity. I'm just a curious George at times.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 3:56:25 PM EDT
[#20]
No you guys have it all wrong. Put on your headphones and get the radio or CD player, grab a beer and go. No women yappin at you, no interuptions, nuthin. Just mow....if it gets in your way run the F... over it. its the best three hours or so of my life every week. That is when there is something to mow.[:D] It's been so hot here that I havent mowed in six weeks or so. We got about 1/2 inch of rain this weekend so I'll have to mow this weekend I guess.

Now if you want to bitch about weed eaters............I'm right there with you. Weedeaters are God's way of saying you have too much yard.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 4:02:52 PM EDT
[#21]
Mowing the grass and drinkin a couple brews;one of my more relaxing things to do.A certain peace of mind comes to me from this.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 4:26:10 PM EDT
[#22]
If I had a pushmower I might feel differently but since I have a real nice John Deere and about 2.0 acres to mow each week I like it.

It is about the only time that the wife, her kid, the dog and the phone don't slice off little slivers of my being. Sliver by sliver by sliver......

I can rest, relax, tune in to the drone of the engine and sound of the blades and think about all the things I'd like to do...........both good and bad.

It does suck though when there is an index of 110 outside!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top