Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2001 5:58:51 PM EDT
Just read recently in the Los Angeles Times where he used to be quite the teenage criminal. He committed an assault with a deadly weapon that resulted in the loss of a man's eye.

Mr. Wahlberg once stood up before his peers at a big awards banquet and berated Charlton Heston and the NRA. This P.O.S. couldn't carry Chuck's jock strap!

Another young impressionable youth brainwashed in Liberal Hollywood.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#1]
The banquet you are refering to was the MTV movie awards.  Wahlberg was announcing the award for best villian, and he suggested that they just give it to Charlton Heston for being the President of the NRA.  I have not watched one of his movies since and I am probably not going to see Planet of the Apes, even though Heston is in the film.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 6:09:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 6:17:54 PM EDT
[#3]
The date was whenever the MTV movie awards came on in 2000.  I was just watching the show for entertainment, when Wahlberg started spouting his anti-gun rhetoric.  I posted it over on Glocktalk when it happened but it didn't get much of a response.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 6:18:08 PM EDT
[#4]
What do you expect?  Hollywood is anti-gun, it always has been.  The predominately uneducated actor class feels that they have to give something back to the "little people" after they become famous.  It comes from a superiority complex, i.e, "I'm an ignorant jackass, but look at how much money I have and how much people worship my otherwise worthless ass.  That must mean I'm superior."  That is the explanation.

To come out as pro-rights in Hollywood is like signing the death warrant to your own career.  That is one of the reasons I doubt Angelina Jolie supports RKBA (talking about a thread a few weeks ago).  Many Hollywood types own guns, but after all, they are superior to the "common" American.

Notice how actors are constantly referred to as "American Royalty?"  
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 6:19:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I did a search and the L.A.Times has the article archived. You have to register and maybe pay them 50 cents to reprint but here's a link:

[url]http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/printedition/calendar/la-000059267jul20.story[/url]
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 6:24:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 2:51:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I did a search and the L.A.Times has the article archived. You have to register and maybe pay them 50 cents to reprint but here's a
View Quote

I wouldn't give the L.A. Times the time of day. F'em!
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 1:22:22 AM EDT
[#8]
I Hawaii, Mark wouldn't be able to own a gun, beacuse of his conviction for a, "crime of violence."  

I guess that is why, he is such an anti-gunner.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 1:46:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 1:50:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Never did like that a-hola.
Link Posted: 7/31/2001 5:57:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hollywood = POS
POS = Hollywood
Marky Mark can eat dog crap and bark at the moon.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly.[-!-!-]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top