Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2001 1:39:35 PM EDT
On the Lifetime channel.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 1:42:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Got mine on and a cold beer to go with it and my AR in my lap.[:D]
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 5:00:59 PM EDT
[#2]
oh man not lifetime i bet its spun all to hell anyway.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 5:12:02 PM EDT
[#3]
One of those marshall dudes AR15 charging handle was stuck open during the closeup shots.

-50 points for inaccurate effects.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#4]
cyrax777, it wasn't spun it was actually pretty acurate. At the end they even gave some after the fact history, although they didn't say anything about Ron the Ripper.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 5:56:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Another inaccuracy, in the trial, they asked the one agent if he was holding a 9mm rifle.  He said yes, however if you noticed the mag you would see it wasn't.

Link Posted: 7/29/2001 6:02:34 PM EDT
[#6]
I watched this movie, and I did think it was slanted to benefit the government slightly.  They sure made Randy Weaver and his family look like homicidal lunatics.  Does anyone know where you can get a text version of the Ruby Ridge incident( a unbiased version if there is one).
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 6:17:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Anyone here ever heard the bluegrass tune about Ruby Ridge?  It's a good one.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 6:21:45 PM EDT
[#8]
You could probably get a text from the congressional record. I watched nearly the entire hearing. Unbelievable. By the end there was no question in my mind as to what happened.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#9]
If I remember right but IRL when the FBI brought the phone up to the cabin was it done so with a robot w/shotgun attached? I remember Randy talking about that somewhere. But in the movie the FBI drive up to the cabing in a APC with a phone.

I noticed the .223 mag in a so called 9mm AR as well.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 7:37:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Get the book it's called [b]Every Knee Shall Bow[/b]

I don't know who the author is offhand or the publisher. I lent the book to a co-worker.

[b]Good Book[/b]
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 11:31:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Was this the one with Randy Quaid and Laura Dern?

They were interviewed on some hollywood crap tv show and said that after doing the movie, came to the conclusion that the government committed a grave injustice to the Weavers.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 5:33:59 AM EDT
[#12]
This was the one Imbroglio, I was actually impressed with the movie, I was expected a serious pro-government spin.  'course my wife and I were seething anger for a few hours after watching...
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 4:03:20 PM EDT
[#13]
That movie made Bo Gritz look like a bigger buffoon than he is I guess. They made Weaver and his family look like a bunch of Nazis. I would love to see a follow up to that movie to let the sheeple know what has happened since all that went down. Any bets as to when that will happen?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top