Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/29/2001 8:10:34 AM EDT
I am relatively new to the board and have heard alot of comments about Shotgun News.  Is it a magazine or paper, and where could I get information on ordering it?  Thanks.

Link Posted: 7/29/2001 8:13:52 AM EDT
[#1]
www.shotgunnews.com

Its a gun sales paper published 3 times a month.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 8:14:53 AM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.shotgunnews.com[/url]

Sort of like a HUGE classified section of a news paper with nothing but firearm "stuff".  Get a subscription.  Worth the money.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 8:26:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 9:56:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 10:42:46 AM EDT
[#5]
It is a giant classified ad section for firearms and related items,I highly recommend it.

[heavy]
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 11:00:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It is a giant classified ad section for firearms and related items,I highly recommend it.

[heavy]
View Quote

You find a hard copy of either publication at your local news stand, where I buy mine.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 2:31:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks everyone, that helps alot!
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 2:47:48 PM EDT
[#8]
The best damn wish book in the world!!
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 5:15:40 PM EDT
[#9]
At first I thought this was a troll.
Now even Wal-Mart carries SGN!
TF
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#10]
I read Shotgun News for the dealer ads.

I read Gun List for the individual (and small dealer) classified ads.

If I need to find a fair market value on or am looking for a particular gun, I look at Gun List.  If I have a few bucks to spend with nothng in mind,  I look in Shotgun News for mags, guns, etc.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 8:03:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Borders book store (at least in Buffalo) sells it in the magazine section
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 11:26:46 PM EDT
[#12]
The ATF calls it "a clandestine gun magazine".
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 11:56:14 PM EDT
[#13]
You know your a newbie when....[:D] Seriously though, it's cool that were still picking up new people, I figured everybody that was into SURs and had internet access would find thier way here already. Stick around, Ar15.com is a very informative site. The General Discussion Forums gets a bit rowdy at times, but funny alot to. All in all, folks here are pretty cool, knowledgeable, and helpful. Pretty soon you'll need your daily AR15.com fix just like the rest of us.
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 6:53:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 9:25:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

One of the worst because it lets every yahoo with $4 to know what dealer cost on these weapons is, and there are so many people out there with no concept of what it takes to run a business who think any dealer who marks a gun up more than $10 is ripping them off. Never mind that his shipping was most likely over $10.

A good buddy of mine just got his FFL. His biggest problem is guys who want him to order out of SGN. He sells a SAR-1 with 3 mags and 200 rds for $400, which is a fair markup, yet he gets idiots every day who think he shouldn't make more than $10 on the sale. The same ones want him to sell his turk mausers for $50, when he has $53 in em by the time he pays shipping. One guy thought he would be a smart ass and order it himself and have my buddy do the transfer... imagine his suprise when the cost counting $25 transfer and shipping came to 2 dollars more than he could have bought it off the rack.
View Quote

Not to be Oliver Stone or anything, but did anyone ever consider the "conspiracy" angle? Firearms are the ONLY retail business I am aware of that allows customers to be supplied with normally confidential DEALER PRICES. In addition the standard markup is 10%, the entire rest of the retail world is 40%.

Is it a deliberate conspiracy on someones part to destroy the gun industry?
Link Posted: 7/30/2001 10:30:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Support your local gun dealer.  I am guilty of drooling on my SGN, but I only go down and talk with my dealer if he doesn't carry the item, otherwise it isn't worth the hassle of bugging him to order something.
Ice
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top