Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2001 9:10:15 PM EDT
I have the post-ban(boooo) XM-15 E2 A3 and want to buy the fixed(boooo) tele-stock for it.  Does the original rifle stock that came with the carbine seperate from the lower receiver or do I have to buy a whole new lower with the tele stock already on it?  I know that they sell the tele stocks seperatly, but I'm still not sure if the original stock comes off or not.  If it does come off, how!

While I have your attention, if i can just get the tele-stock without a new lower, should i get the 60 or 70 dollar one from Brownells or should I get the 100 dollar one direct from bushmaster???  You know, quality wise which is better?

Thanks ahead of time...
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 9:25:32 PM EDT
[#1]
If you get a plastic one you should pay $40.00. If its the new style plastic you should pay $80.00. If you get an aluminum one you should pay $70.00. If its a Colt it may be $120.00. You don't need a new lower. Get the Telestock wrench for assembly. Its $20.00. Its easy to install. The telestock should come with a new buffer and spring. Use them. Ihave an aluminum t stock that is a Chinese copy. I like it. Get the rubber buttpad. Its really a necessity.
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 9:34:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Pre-Ban Dissipator that came with the telescoping stock.
It would not work with the Post-Ban V-MATCH 24 upper I was going to install (the gas tubes are different lengths and it would not have functioned correctly).
I opted for the "TeleStyle" buttstock that would work with both uppers.  The spring and buffer are designed to be compatible, and they DO work both.
A rubber buttpad was not available at the time.
I bought the better and more expensive wrench to use then and in the future when I get my new Post-Ban lower to mate the V-MATCH with and return the Dissipator to its Pre-Ban condition.
Good Luck.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 6:12:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Forget the legal stuff
Get a wrench and put what you want on it until you sell it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2001 8:21:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top