Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2001 4:00:50 PM EDT
I have  a bushmaster lower and a M&A parts kit gun. I am using a brand new parsons mag. The problem is when I go to chamber a round th nose of the bullet will not pass through the feed ramps. Can I sand a radius on the feed ramps/bolt locks or should I take to dealer to fix?
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 6:40:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Try a different mag
Link Posted: 7/28/2001 7:03:22 PM EDT
[#2]
What kind of ammo???

I had a similar problem with some thin jacketed ammo...45 grain Winchesters I believe...

The narrow bullet with the thin jacketing would get stuck in the feed ramps, sometimes shoving the bullet down into the case and squeezing the sides of the bullet in a little.
I switched back to 55 grain FMJ ammo and the problem immediately went away...

I have also encountered a few barrels with "burrs" on the feed ramps, but they still worked OK.

Of course switching mags is always a good idea, but you indicated that you had a new USGI mag...SO, check your ammo...

Just something else to think about...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top