Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2001 12:19:27 PM EDT
Are they worth the exter money if I'm just going to use it for a plinking gun.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 12:27:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Factory triggers are junk.

Go to  ROck River Arms and get their NM trigger for $120. I think thats a pretty good price. I KNOW its a good trigger.

I put a NM trigger in my Daewoo, and that definitely ain't no match gun.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 12:31:15 PM EDT
[#2]
tayous1, it is a tough call for a plinking gun.  For me, the answer was yes.  My BM V Match carbine had an absolutely horrid stock trigger.  It was impossible for me to get any kind of consistent release, and was so stiff it had a big impact on my ability to hit my target.  Good triggers are fairly expensive so you will have to balance your shooting needs with financial concerns.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 12:41:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Can you say YAOUS!
Get one, if you want to be a better marksman.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 12:48:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I was told on a different site not to get one because they where only good for target shooting.The gun I'm going to be gitting soon I hope is going to be a RRA 20" flat top thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 1:08:32 PM EDT
[#5]
At this other site, they told you that good triggers are only for target shooting? I've always been taught that good triggers are for hitting the target, regardless of what the target is.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 3:11:27 PM EDT
[#6]
It depends on how badly you want to hit your target.

I like the two stage triggers myself.  But it doesn't matter - use a NM a few times, single or two stage, and you'll take your original trigger and throw it in a lake!!
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 5:05:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
At this other site, they told you that good triggers are only for target shooting? I've always been taught that good triggers are for hitting the target, regardless of what the target is.
View Quote

"Bump Firing" is quicker and easier with a
good trigger, take it or leave it!
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 5:16:55 PM EDT
[#8]
OK, not to mess up anybodys thread, but I have a related question since I've also been looking at one of these.

It seems obvious that they are better for target shooting, but are they to soft or light for military or combat applications?
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 5:23:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 5:29:46 PM EDT
[#10]
My stock trigger was junk had it reworked and am happy with it now.But still going to get the nm trigger in the future.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 6:10:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I’m not going to claim I’ve got the answer to seamusmcoi’s question; this has bothered me too.

The reason I mentioned in my earlier post that I like two stage triggers is that they seem suitable to me for combat situations.  I am specifically referring to Armalite two stage triggers, which are the only ones I’m familiar with.  

These triggers are supposedly based on M-1 Carbine and M-1 Garand two stage triggers, which were combat triggers.  The Armalite has no set screws or other adjustments.  When the trigger is at rest, the sear/hammer notches are in deep engagement and strike me as being every bit as safe as the G.I. trigger.

Technically, I may be incorrect in referring to the Armalite two stage trigger as a NM trigger – though that’s what they call it.

I wouldn’t think a single stage match trigger would be suitable for combat.

I’m not trying to steal this thread either and I hope Tayous1 doesn’t mind, but I’d greatly appreciate hearing any other opinions.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#12]
I've got an Accuracy Speaks single stage in my M4 clone.  It makes the gun much more enjoyable to shoot, even when I'm just plinking.  The improved pull makes the gun more accurate and the faster reset means I've got a higher rate of fire.  Means I can hit those AOL CDs that much faster.  

The AS unit has no adjustments and is more solid than the stock trigger.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top