Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2001 11:54:46 AM EDT
Do you think Lucent Tech Inc. [lu] has a shot at a comeback. If so what would be a good target price. [smoke]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 12:00:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry but I don't follow that particular stock other than what's been on the news and have no opinion on it. Not working in a brokerage house anymore so I can't even pull any type of analyst reviews on it. Sorry I'm not much help.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 12:07:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank's anyway, I think you said bond's was your area. Still hoping things work out so you can stay in TX. [smoke]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 12:15:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I was hoping to stay in TX too. I just can't find a freaking job in my line. Looking to transition over to something else, but even that is tough. I have 2 reccruiters that got me 3 interviews in CA, so I'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 12:24:21 PM EDT
[#4]
There is absolutely no hope for Lucent.  They are dead and buried.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 12:26:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Dude,
Lucent is FUCKED for a long ass time.
They are going to be around, but if you got them in the 50's or so, its going to be a couple of years.  
c-rock
Hey,
Lordtrader, come on up to Chicago, lots of Flips up here. [:)]   Also bring your toys here we won't make you into a felon. Like CA will if you went back.  
c-rock

Link Posted: 7/26/2001 2:14:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hey,
Lordtrader, come on up to Chicago, lots of Flips up here. [:)]   Also bring your toys here we won't make you into a felon. Like CA will if you went back.  
c-rock

View Quote

Yeah I know I have a cousin that lives in the city of Chicago. Had a job offer there a while back but I turned it down. Boy am I regretting it now.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 2:53:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Hey LT,

You aren't really considering moving back to Kali?  Hell, I think I'd consider shoveling
$h!t before ever moving to a place like that. And, YOU KNOW BETTER!

I don't know exactly what you do, or want to do, or even what you want to make, but there has to be something else out there for ya.  In my state there have been several companies from NY moving here because of the tax relief.  We had a company called Fitch Informational Services move here about 5 years ago along with all their people.  Talk about shock for some of them city folks!  I know there are several investment companies that have done similar moves around my state.  Have your head hunters looked in some of these unusual locations?  Montana? Idaho? Wyoming? Utah?  I realize you are probably pretty specialized so this probably won't help, but I have got to think that if you don't want to work in Kali, you can find SOMETHING that would work elsewhere.  For me, it doesn't matter what I do, I would not be happy with out my guns.
guns762
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 3:03:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Job Title: Analyst, Assistant Portfolio Manger

Job Category: Financial Services - Portfolio Manager

Job Type: Full-time

Job ID: 25107

Job Description:
Position Summary:
Responsible for credit analysis of fixed income securities to ensure quality and early identification of risk. Makes recommendations for credit decisions and strategy ideas. Monitors existing corporate bond portfolio. Evaluates, makes recommendations and assists with the management and administration of MBS/CMO/WL portfolio. Communicates with brokers/traders, outside managers and banking officers to achieve optimal trading opportunities, new ideas and trade settlement. Assists in the corporate cash management process, projecting cash flows, managing bank balances, short term investing and wire transfer activity to assure optimal and efficient company operations. Determine impact of new regulatory requirements and coordinate implementation with FMS.

Advisory Responsibility:
Provide information on securities in portfolio, economic updates, financial market new to FMS, auditors, and other departments. Report transaction activity to fund administration. Advise related departments on banking transaction software.

Position Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics
- Strong background in credit analysis, investment research, all types of fixed income securities, including trading and settlement.
- Knowledge of banking, cash management and trust systems 5 to 7 years experience
- Proficiency with PC Windows-based software, including Lotus, Word Perfect, and Microsoft Office applications
- Proficiency with CMS, GAT, Bloomerg and other quantitative tools software
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of insurance regulatory authority and ratings

You must be legally entitled to work in the United States and immediately available to begin work in the location specified.

American Fidelity Group is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.

To apply for this position:
Call toll free: 1(866) AFG-GRP6 (1-866/234-4776)
visit our web address: www.quikscreen.com/af-group

OR

Please click here to apply:
http://www.quikscreen.com/af-group/index.cfm?NextLink=www.af-group.com/Employment-Benefits.shtml

Don't move to the PRK, I have seen it, you don't want to go there unless you have to.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 3:33:05 PM EDT
[#9]
[b]Big B, DUDE!!! YOUR ARE THE MAN.[/b] The job you posted fits me to a tee!!!! Well except, I have no clue what CMS is and I have a Comm degree, but hey it works for me. I just went on their website and filled out an on'line ap for the position and e-mailed my resume.

THANX A BUNCH
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 3:38:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Glad to hear it.  I have been looking for jobs for my brother inlaw/shooting partner and I remembered seeing this one.  

[beer]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 3:45:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Big B:
Glad to hear it.  I have been looking for jobs for my brother inlaw/shooting partner and I remembered seeing this one.  

[beer]
View Quote

If they call me up for an interview I'm gonna have to make time and buy you a beer. I understand OKC is only a few hours drive from DFW.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 4:16:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Its only 3 hours, or so up to here from DFW area.  Easy drive right up I-35, you can't miss it, its the only town you will go through, lol.

Just e-mail me when you come up.

Barry
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top