Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2001 5:20:36 AM EDT
After a particularly grueling weekend of moving the corporate office 2 miles down the street, I treated myself to a new addition to my dvd collection.  This film has once again inspired me to supplement my stores of ammunition (and tinfoil).  Does the viewing of Red Dawn have the same effect on anyone else?

**Edited cause I decided to make the subject less offensive**
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 7:20:41 AM EDT
[#1]
"RED DAWN" is a favorite of mine too.
My daughter asks accasionally "Can we watch RED DAWN tonight?"
Is she terrific?
I watch it because we all know it's coming.
I don't want to be scrambling like they did to get up and out of town.
Have it ready to go.

"Because we live here!"
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 7:26:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Is the DVD version the exact same as the VHS?  Any extras, widescreen, trailers, etc? What was the $$ if you dont mind me asking?  I cant seem to find it anywhere for a decent price....HELP!!!  [:)]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 7:30:01 AM EDT
[#3]
[i]Be a Wolverine
you'll run the hills
just get some guns and cheerios[/i]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 9:25:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes, yes, [b]Red Dawn[/b] is one of my all time favorite movies, for several reasons, not the least of which is that it contains quite an impressive array of Com-Bloc weaponry.

And although I think that a mid-Continent air-borne assault led by Cuban troops is, to put it mildly, a lttle far-fetched, it does make for a pretty good storyline.  What poor Soviet schlub planned a strike into America's (well-armed) Heartland? But hey! It's just a movie!

Eric The('AvengeMe,AvengeMe')Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 9:53:19 AM EDT
[#5]
Red Dawn may be as American a movie as I have ever seen. I'm 26 now and living under the threat of being nuked by the commies is still fresh in my mind.

Watch the DVD trailer, the first half is like a nightmare.

Eric_A, the DVD doesn't have any extras other than the trailer. I havnt watched it in a while and cannot remember if it is WS or not.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 10:01:01 AM EDT
[#6]
Those poor commies who decided to walk into the hornets nest of American Hunters.  Did they think they could fight us and the Afghanis at the same time?
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 10:32:26 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Red Dawn may be as American a movie as I have ever seen. I'm 26 now and living under the threat of being nuked by the commies is still fresh in my mind.
View Quote

No offense but you didn't live under the threat of being nuked unless you had bomb drills in school. They scared the shit out of us and made us commie haters for life. Frankly, I miss the cold war. We always knew who the enemy was and why. Now they are everywhere with no rhyme or reason.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 10:46:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Remember the Mayor and how he was helping name all of the possible "trouble makers"? Well multiply that by 1000x and that will be the reality. Even people on here will start singing like a bird when they realize their starbucks, tv, beer, and football are in jeopardy if they don't play along.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 10:54:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 8:19:26 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm with raf, being in Dahlgren VA with the Aegis all ran from here it was pointless for us, I guess being 60 miles from D.C. probably didnt help any either.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 8:33:09 PM EDT
[#11]
god i hate to admit this but i have never seen it.well i know what movie im renting tommrow
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 8:48:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I can't find it in VHS at Walmart or Kmart.
Any good sources?
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 8:55:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Dunno MDS, you can order it pretty cheap from Amazon though.

[url]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0792837797/qid=996209444/sr=1-1/ref=sc_v_1/107-0692950-9747765[/url]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 9:47:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 10:33:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Forgive me, but what an opportunity to announce my return...

[size=6][b][red]WOLVERINES!![/size=6][/b][/red]

please forgive me [(:)]

OBTW, try www.half.com (owned by e-bay, so some of you folks may not want to use them)for good prices on used VHS tapes and DVDs. For new stuff, www.cduniverse.com is priced close to Amazon but with much better shipping costs. At least that was the case about a year ago.

Adam

PS: What's up with this membership stuff?
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 8:45:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Remember the Mayor and how he was helping name all of the possible "trouble makers"? Well multiply that by 1000x and that will be the reality. Even people on here will start singing like a bird when they realize their starbucks, tv, beer, and football are in jeopardy if they don't play along.
View Quote

Not really shocking, and a lot of it was far-fetched, I hadn't seen it in a while and found the dvd just last night for 7 bucks, I took it home and watched it and a real disturbing part
that I wouldn't have caught when I was younger sent chills down my spine when one of the c.o. told a guy to go to the sporting goods stores and get form 4473.

Link Posted: 7/27/2001 10:10:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Its the movie that made the man I am now. My wife used to think I was crazy, not stockpiling food and ammo, just having plenty and a little extra. After talking to her Dad about WWII food rationing, the What's-so-great-about-it-depression, and the sorry state of our country, she began to see the light.
"Rub a butt on him!"
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 2:40:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/27/2001 2:57:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top