Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2001 11:04:01 PM EDT
So I was thinking of getting one, but want some opinions on the gun. If you have one, do you think they are reliable, etc? what selection of .50 ammo is commonly available.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:43:38 PM EDT
[#1]
My friend had one. Shot it so much he broke
it... Twice. Reloaded his own .50 AE also. You had to
see this dude to beleive it. HUGE. Used to put 600 rds in it before it would break.
Manufacturer couldn't beleive he put that many
rds through it. Finally got tired of sending it
off to get fixed. Basically it's built around
the .44 frame which works just fine unless
you're a masochist as he was. Sadly he died in
a car accident 2 months ago. RIP. I was the last
person he talked to. But thats another story.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:45:26 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a piece of crap. I don't own one and never have but the indoor pistol range I go to I've observed about ten of them. They are big and loud. That seems to be their attraction.

I wasn't impressed with the skill or expertise of any of the shooters who brought them in. About half of them brought in women to impress. I've heard they aren't accurate but the shooters I saw were so lousy I couldn't tell accuracy. I'd say most of the users had problems with jams and malfunctions.

It's an oddity, not a serious weapon.
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 12:27:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Thats what I was afraid of. Thanks for the tip guys. Don't think i'll be picking one up after all! Sorry to here about your friend Archoo, you have my condolences.                                                             Tobin
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 1:57:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 2:14:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the link Osprey!  [>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/26/2001 12:05:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Ive had a DE .50 for a few years. About 1000 rounds through it. I like it. I shoot 4" groups at 100yd, iron sights, from a bench.

It takes some getting used to, and not as fun as the Ferret50, but it is fun nonetheless.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top