Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2001 6:25:18 PM EDT
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 6:33:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok,
I'm going to go burn my fingerprints off.
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 6:43:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 6:44:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 6:47:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 6:52:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 6:53:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 7:12:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 7:20:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 7:36:36 PM EDT
[#9]
A law requiring that all states begin issuing drivers licenses carrying Social Security numbers and "security features" (such as magnetically coded fingerprints and personal records) by October 1, 2000. "...
View Quote

Hmm now we don't have any of that on our drivers licenses or carry licenses, and i just got a new one of both, ssn will be printed on there if you ask for it..so I guess this means Oklahoma is going to be raided by congressmen? bring it you old windbags.
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 7:49:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 8:03:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 8:14:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Atlas Shrugged

by Ayn Rand
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 8:19:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Atlas Shrugged

by Ayn Rand
View Quote

Gag me with a wooden spoon...

[brown]Citizen #5236.., erhh, Evil Jewbroni[/brown]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 8:22:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 8:24:21 PM EDT
[#15]
The time is very near when those of us who will place our lives on the line for the principles and words in the Consitution and all it represents will be impelled to separation. Working within the system no longer works. To convince yourself that it does is testament to the power of belief.

There appear to be at least two ways to halt the train we are presently on. The first is the spiritual way, and the easiest--we as a people simply decide we WILL NOT ALLOW IT ANYMORE, we use the power of the spirit that resides in each of us, and it literally stops in as little as a day. For the naysayers, save it, the spirit IS that powerful. All your words and protestations to the contrary are but a waste of effort.

And the other way I see is the use of arms in outright revolution. The Churchill quote is appropriate too, as we may well be at a point where taking up arms effects only our deaths and not any real change.

With every new day I pray for the spiritual resolution, but I also prepare for armed revolution (and who's to say that is not spiritual too?)
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 8:57:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Originally Posted By Garand Shooter:
I like to read this about once a month, keeps me from getting complacent....

Its 3 years old now, but still very relevant.
[url]www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=16655[/url]

Lets hear your comments after you check it out... it is definitely worth your time!
View Quote

Might I humbly add... if ya wanna ratchet up yer defcon level another notch'r two... check out...

http://www.curleywolfe.net/cw/E_Freeman.shtml

FWIW I highly recommend reading all of Clair's stuff at least once... passing 'um on to folks ya know what need a bit more convincing might hep too...

Jes a modest proposal...

db 'you'll be glad you did' cooper

Link Posted: 7/24/2001 9:04:54 PM EDT
[#18]
She is a little on the far-lib side, but she raises completely valid points...we are going in the wrong direction no matter what we do.... as for ideas, untill we start electing folks who have the balls to make changes or start shooting I don't know what else will change it.
View Quote

though i could guess. what is a "far-lib"?

curious lib
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 9:11:00 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Atlas Shrugged

by Ayn Rand
View Quote

Gag me with a wooden spoon...

[brown]Citizen #5236.., erhh, Evil Jewbroni[/brown]
View Quote

I dont own a wooden spoon, but i do have a silverspoon. will that do?  [;)]

Evil libertoon
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 6:18:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Might I humbly add... if ya wanna ratchet up yer defcon level another notch'r two... check out...
[url]http://www.curleywolfe.net/cw/E_Freeman.shtml[/url]
FWIW I highly recommend reading all of Clair's stuff at least once... passing 'um on to folks ya know what need a bit more convincing might hep too...

Jes a modest proposal...

db 'you'll be glad you did' cooper

View Quote
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 7:13:54 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
A law requiring that all states begin issuing drivers licenses carrying Social Security numbers and "security features" (such as magnetically coded fingerprints and personal records) by October 1, 2000. "...
View Quote

Hmm now we don't have any of that on our drivers licenses or carry licenses, and i just got a new one of both, ssn will be printed on there if you ask for it..so I guess this means Oklahoma is going to be raided by congressmen? bring it you old windbags.
View Quote

In NC you can't get a driver's license or a CC permit without a SSN, I know, I have both.  BTW, the NC DL does have a coded strip on the back.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 7:59:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Don't just complain about the magstrips on the back of your licenses, do something about it.  A bulk tape eraser or some time rubbing (the rubbing is important, it will reorient the metal filings on the strip) with a magnet will fix the problem.  No more magstrip.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 8:22:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Having said that, I leave the floor open to those who have a good idea on how to restore this country to its origins.  (I'll be back, as Arnold said).
View Quote

as for ideas, untill we start electing folks who have the balls to make changes or start shooting I don't know what else will change it.
View Quote

I have two words for you  -

"Armed Conflict."

Historically, the kind of change we are discussing has ONLY come about by "armed conflict."

Forget about the Libertarian Party. its a pipe dream. Never gonna happen. While I agree with their ideals, they will Never come to power. They will NOT be allowed to.

Until we get to the point where WE follow the Constitution and throw off an UnConstitutional gov't(which may or may not exist at this time, and BOTH major parties are to blame,) in the manner the Constitution ordains, the long slide into hell will continue.

I'm NOT an anarchist, or even looking forward to that time. Frankly, I fear the damamge and destruction that it will bring. But history has shown us that there is no other way. Usually, it happens organically - not in an organized, pre-planned fashion.

Revolution, not reform.

Link Posted: 7/25/2001 10:27:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Here in Florida, some businesses are already using the magnetic strip readers to positively identify your age. That gives me an idea. If it stays, why can't they have beer/alcohol vending machines. You could swipe your or a friend's ID and buy beer from a machine. It does also make it easier to make a fake ID. Just program the magnetic strip and 10-to-1 the liquor store clerk'll only do a cursory glance of the front. You used to be able to buy those blank ID cards with the magnetic strips in FL prior to '96. Now I can't find 'em. It'll make it easier to pass off a friend's ID (a la Jenna Bush) since the clerk/bartender will only (if even that) do a cursory glance of the actual ID. They will depend on their machines. Now that said, I hop some Democrat reads this and demands the law be repealed since "it would make it easier for underage drinking." And, hell they're gonna let Jenna Bush get away with anything.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top