Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2001 3:50:38 PM EDT
I'm hoping to purchase one of these with my rebate.  Anyone out there have any first hand experience with them?  Quality, efficiency, ease of use & etc.  I'm sick of reaming rifle barrels.

CB
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 4:37:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought the one with the LEDs on the front about 5 years ago for $150 from Natchez Shooting supplies.  This system will tell you when the job is finished.  The system will clean down to the bare barrel metal.  I have mostly used it on pistols because I shoot mostly lead bullets.  It works like a champ, but you have still got to brush off the powder residues.  You should use this thing outdoors and clean up your mess pomptly, because the system uses a weak solution of lead acetate for lead. A solution of copper sulfate is used for copper.  As you do not want to contaminate your work area with lead or copper with is potentially poisonous.  You should not leave the lead cleaning solution in the barrel overnight, because according to RCBS, it will cause barrel rusting.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top