Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2001 10:52:08 AM EDT
Do these ship as one big PVC "ziplock bag" or are they simply two 300rd battlepacks sent at the same time?  thanks

toast
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 10:55:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Mine came shipped in one box, with the seperate sealed 300rnd packs inside.[:D]
shoots good too !!!
[sniper]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 11:21:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Does anyone know if SG is still refusing to ship ammo to Illinois?
I thought there was a call to boycott SG because of their cowardly refusual to ship to some areas.
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 1:38:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Who is SG?
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 1:58:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Sportsmans Guide of course.

[url]http://www.sportsmansguide.com[/url]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 3:45:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 6:11:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if SG is still refusing to ship ammo to Illinois?
I thought there was a call to boycott SG because of their cowardly refusual to ship to some areas.
View Quote

Every catalog from SG I had received, even the most recent, says that they don't ship to IL. I stopped even considering buying anything from them after this point. However, if you are looking for someone who does ship to IL,
I sometimes buy ammo from [url]www.cheaperthandirt.com[/url] . They sometimes have decent prices and ship to Illinois. All is required is for you to fax them a copy of your driver's license confirming your over 21 or if you order over the internet, you can submit an online waiver.
Right now they have South African .223 300rnd battlepacks for $39.97, which you may find a few dollars cheaper elsewhere, but I always found I could order from them hassle-free and get my merchandise within 4 days. Good prices on Sellier&Bellot ammo also.
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 8:24:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I agree, 90% of my ammo (5.56mm, 7.62x39mm and
45 ACP) is purchased from CTD. I ordered 600 rounds of .30 Cal Carbine from Ammoman for the
first time yesterday to try them out. Cole Distributors is out of the IMI stuff I wanted.
The SA stuff in the battle packs shoots fine.
I think it may have been manufactured in the 80's ? I'm shooting some .30 Cal Carbine that is
from the 60's with zero problems so far.
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 8:33:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I've gotten the battlepacks from cheaperthandirt.com on two occasions without any hassles at all. 600 rounds just arrived today, as a matter of fact. Online ordering is fast and simple, and the shipping cost isn't unreasonable.
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I liked Cheaper Than Dirt until the following happened to me earlier this year.  

I "purchased" 1,000 rounds of PMC .223 FMJ from them on the internet and got my order number and everything showed fine, they even charged my credit card for the ammo.  Then they e-mailed me that the ammo was out of stock and that I would not be getting it.  The next day the ammo was back in stock at $ 0.75 per box higer.  I called to complain and was told that internet orders are not "guaranteed" and that my credit card had been credited for the amount of the ammo. I just wanted the ammo at the price I ordered it, but even after talking with a customer service supervisor I was refused.

They also sold .223 stripper clips that were rusty as a part of this same order.

I am not going to say I won't order from them again, but I won't go out of my way to do it.  You can usually beat their price on ammo somewhere else anyway.

Link Posted: 7/24/2001 10:56:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I found out the hard way, that the prices at CTD are higher for internet orders, then the catalogue.  I felt cheated, but had to blame myself.  "Let the buyer beware!"
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 12:52:04 AM EDT
[#11]
To hell with the Internet!
After reading Colt 45's post in the Ammo Forum about Sportsmans Guide $10 bucks off on orders over $100, I called the 800 number and bagged 1200 rounds of South African ammo delivered to my door for $139.42. I still prefer talking to a human being when ordering something.

As far as boycotting SG for not delivering to Illinois...I don't live in Illinois!
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 3:56:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Is there any reloadable south african .223 out there? All I ever see is the non-reloadable berdan primed stuff. Just curious, anybody ever see any?
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 4:03:58 AM EDT
[#13]
The commercial PMP in the brown box with a gazelle on the front is boxer primed and reloadable.  I have heard people talk about some of the commercial brass being thin and cases cracking.

A guy at the range told me that the SA military rounds are made very similarly to the IMI.  He said that the South Africans had Isrealis come in and set up the plant for them.  I don't know the validity of this - you know how range talk goes.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 4:29:19 AM EDT
[#14]
I bought some South African 223 from Cole Distributing not too long ago.  It's brass cased, boxer primed, and fully reloadable.  In fact, I've already reloaded some myself.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 6:17:51 AM EDT
[#15]
DOH!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top