Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2001 7:25:06 AM EDT
Teenagers who come from stable homes with married parents are much less likely to have underage sex and unwanted pregnancies, according to one of the largest surveys of teenage behaviour.
View Quote

From [url]http://www.observer.co.uk/uk_news/story/0,6903,525684,00.html[/url]

But my FAVORITE quote had to be
'These types of reports are not helpful,' said Margaret Creear of Gingerbread, the single-parent support organisation. [red]'Once again it is promoting the nuclear family headed by a heterosexual couple who are married.[/red] The reasons for underage pregnancies are much more complex and often to do with social deprivation, not whether your parents are married or not.'
View Quote
Imagine!  The AUDACITY of promoting a "nuclear family headed by a heterosexual couple"!  The NERVE of those people!
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 8:09:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Teenage sex linked to divorce
View Quote

Yup!
If you get caught screwing your teenage
daughter
your wife will
probably leave you.
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 8:12:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By garden weasel:
Yup!
If you get caught screwing your teenage
daughter your wife will probably leave you.
View Quote
Lying dead in a pool of blood.
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 8:27:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I personally find it disgusting that we have this sort of 'pro-heterosexual' propaganda shoved in our faces, it is bad enough that men and women walk around holding hands in public, but now this?

[rolleyes]

Link Posted: 7/24/2001 3:44:43 PM EDT
[#4]
i think someone's putting the cart before the horse here.  i heard this all over the news today and it seemed that every announcer (even the ones on the conservative radio talk station) were saying as if teen sex causes divorce.

the reality is that low socioeconomic status, little or no education, and a general lack of common sense are the root causes.  everything else is just spin off or a downward spiral.

those with lower incomes and minimal education tend not to be the most mature people.  hence, higher divorce rates.  these same circumstances make them less apt to be good parents.  hence, their children aren't educated on things like sex.  so they go out and do it.

the truth is that whatever is contributing to the higher divorce rates is also contributing to the increased rates of teen sex.  that is the only link between divorce rates and teen sex.  one does not cause the other by any stretch of the imagination.
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 4:07:18 PM EDT
[#5]
A friend of mine's mom was a lesbian.  He had two mommies.

Lucky bastard had a nymphomaniac live-in girlfriend at age 15.  His mom was totally cool with it.  Let him smoke dope (but freaked out about cigarettes), let him and our friends play electric guitar and drums and bass in the house, let all his friends hang out, throw parties, she basically let him do whatever he wanted.  Sort of like the opposite of my parents.  

I wish MY parents were gay and divorced. [:(]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top