Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2001 4:45:18 PM EDT
Hey guys I just finished cleaning the guns and had the safe WIDE OPEN and who walks by THE WIFE [dracula] She say's HOW MANY OF THOSE THINGS ARE IN THERE? [thinking] I said [closing the door as fast as I could without slaming it] not enough honey, till it's full.[;)] THEN she just stood there looking at the closed door and man you could see the look on her face she wanted to take inventory . She finally went up stairs to read a book to junior. Thankyou thankyou thankyou!!![):)]pg
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 4:50:03 PM EDT
[#1]
What'll you tell her when she asks for the combo???
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 4:51:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 4:53:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Tell her Sorry but it is a thumbprint timelock.   You can't open it.  [:D]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 5:42:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 6:13:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 6:28:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 7:03:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Just tell her you would spare no expense to protect you most precious and beloved object, your lovely wife.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 7:49:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Tell her that the door is really really heavy, and sometimes it gets stuck, You wouldn't want her to get hurt trying to open it would you? that's also where you hide all those nice things you got her. [^]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 7:59:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 8:22:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 9:08:15 PM EDT
[#11]
No one knows the combo to my safe and when the wife asks if it is full I say.........................."Heck no honey......there's lots of room for your jewelry"

I try not to open it when she is around!
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 9:20:32 PM EDT
[#12]
guys
this topic comes up every so often.
what a bunch of pussies!! "oh no my spouse found out i have X amount of guns". if the bills are paid, there is food on the table and you are employed who cares?
why do you hide how many guns you have to your spouse? if for some reason you were to drop dead, what the hell would she know about value of the guns? not to mention all those mags and ammo you have stashed.
if you are in a relationship where keeping secret the number of guns you have is a must, time to get out of it. and please no excuses like "well we have the kids to think about"
i have been with my spouse for almost 28yrs. and she knows not only how many guns i have but where to look for current market value, as well as who to contact in case i were to keel over. just in case she had to sell any guns  for the money as needed. that is of course after she and the kid pick out the ones they want for themselves.
so hiding how many guns you have may seem like a good idea, but remember the story of the guy who picked up a whole gun collection for next to nothing, because the widow had no idea what they were worth and just "wanted them out of the house!!!!"
that someone may be your spouse.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 9:29:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 9:45:07 PM EDT
[#14]
You guys are pathetic![V]

I tell my girlfriend whenever I buy a new gun.
I tell her how to chamber a round, how to clean it.
I tell her the history of it. How much I paid and how much it's worth.
If your wives felt more involved in your addiction they might actually support you.....
And even ENCOURAGE you to get another gun.    
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 10:19:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 10:37:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hey guys I just finished cleaning the guns and had the safe WIDE OPEN and who walks by THE WIFE [dracula] She say's HOW MANY OF THOSE THINGS ARE IN THERE? [thinking] I said [closing the door as fast as I could without slaming it] not enough honey, till it's full.[;)] THEN she just stood there looking at the closed door and man you could see the look on her face she wanted to take inventory . She finally went up stairs to read a book to junior. Thankyou thankyou thankyou!!![):)]pg
View Quote

I am in the same situation, however my safe is full (though I have room for handguns..[;)] ) My wife [dracula] wants me to take "inventory" of it..but (curiously) doesn't want to know how many I have..all she says is that I have "too many".

Link Posted: 7/23/2001 10:54:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Hey guys I just finished cleaning the guns and had the safe WIDE OPEN and who walks by THE WIFE. She say's HOW MANY OF THOSE THINGS ARE IN THERE?
View Quote

I don't let Mrs mmk into my play area,nor is it any of her business as to what I spend my money on.well i guess it would be if i was spending it out whoring.but as i'm not,as long as i make sure all the bills are paid first.it shouldn't matter to her.mmk
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 10:58:49 PM EDT
[#18]
Aw, hell, guys - what's the big deal?  My wife knows my inventory as well as I do, knows where I keep everything, and knows how to use it all.  Hell, she knows what I buy and when I buy it, and we are both OK with that.  Of course, she is fully qualified on all of my firearms!

FFZ
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 11:41:35 PM EDT
[#19]
My wife allows ms to buy anything and everything I want. She even insists I buy things we really can't afford. My favorite dealer is no help either,because anytime my wife accompanies me into the shop, something ends up on layaway. I come out of the bathroom, and she's fondling an MP5KPDW saying "we don't have one of these,do we?" Damn, we ain't got 8Gs to get one, either!
By the way, I love her dearly, and she has her own set of keys to the safes
You guys really should feel sorry for me.
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 2:02:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 2:21:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 5:17:11 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 10:57:38 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

You may think she's gone but mark my words, SHE WILL BE BACK!
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 11:00:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
We should have a FAQ on how to handle that situation....
Here are a few quick ones for ya..

1) They were on sale
2) oh, those are my brothers. He just wants me to hold them for him.
3) Those Leupold scopes are only $40-50 new.
4) How many pairs of shoes do you have? (Thanks SR)
5) I paid $XXX for this rifle and I can sell it for $XXXX!
6) If the soldiers in WWII didn't have M1 Garands like this, we might be speaking German right now.
7) All those pistol cases are empty.
8) That AR was part of a "matched set", kinda like a P with P (every woman knows that term...purchase with purchase) and was a Limited time offer...How much?...um....$350 with all the extra uppers and scopes.

To be continued
View Quote

Frank, I used the 'its my brothers' one before. That works UNTIL HE COMES OVER FOR DINNER. Man, if you don't have  your stories straight before dinner YOU ARE DEAD MEAT!
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 11:17:06 AM EDT
[#26]
inuhbadnayburhood -
 If you don't trust her, DON'T GET MARRIED TO HER!  That crack about 'someone better' would have done it for me, and should have sent you running.  If you marry her, I'll give you 5 years at most.  If you wives/GFs don't tolerate your hobby, then you are hooked up with the wrong woman.  

Link Posted: 7/24/2001 11:18:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

and right now, without a large safe and only three guns, the appearance of a fourth, fifth, sixth, etc. would be little conspicuous...

View Quote

I used to have to worry about this also.  But, when you do get that fourth or fifth, the rest just start to blend in.  My wife never noticed until it was too late.  I don't have a safe(I know, please don't flame me), mine are all in glass cases(3).  It's pretty obvious when a new one appears!  But!, If there are enough in there, they camouflage the new ones!  All this said, my wife told me exactly how many I had during a conversation with some friends the other day.  I do like the idea of a safe though, better camo for new guns.  
guns762
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 11:31:45 AM EDT
[#28]
When my future wife and I were dating....she got a look at my weapons collection.  She asked what seige are you preparing for?  Later on I purchased a .40 S&W for her and we spent time at the range.  She is pretty good with that .40 and a 45ACP.

After we were married she has assisted with several purchases....after I bought my DCM she remarked...do they make one of those I would like? I said you bet, she now has a shorty AR.
And of course we had to purchase additional 20 & 30 round mags and ammo for "our" ARs.  Life is good!!
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 11:53:28 AM EDT
[#29]
I just started dating this girl.  ABout two weeks ago the handgun topic came up.  Some of the guys at her office suggested she get a handgun since she lives alone.  Having gone through this before with other girls, I responded that I have a few guns (little lie) that my father gave me (another little lie).  I suggested that we could go shooting if she was interested and then changed the subject.  

I have found that if you tell them you own several (14 or 15) guns including evil assault rifles during the first dates that it's not a good thing.    
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 12:53:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Try these:

"No, it's not a new gun.  I upgraded the old gun with a few cheap parts...."

"They're about to ban this one and if I didn't buy it now...."

"Dear God!  That's like 50% off!"

Actually, my g/f has bought two guns for me before because we were able to turn them around and make $ on the deal.  She really does not seem to care what I have as long as bills are paid and food is in the house.  I guess I am lucky.  But then again, you ought to see the stuff she buys for herself.  We're talking a full-on sewing fanatic with multiple machines and bales of silk fabric (very expensive).

Link Posted: 7/24/2001 1:16:35 PM EDT
[#31]
All the cynical attitudes concerning being open with your wives/girls.  I pity the fool (in your best Mr. T voice) that can't trust his lady with information about his collection.  What does that say about the relationship?  I know, some women are 'unpredictable'.  Don't marry her if she is.  If you find out she is after the fact do some serious 'attitude modification' or get the hell out.  

My wife just smiled, shook her head and said 'boys and their toys' after my last acquisition.  She's a keeper.

CB

Link Posted: 7/24/2001 1:19:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:17:15 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I know relationships where it's one getting back at another isn't good, but my GF hasn't earned the trust to know about my guns after dating for over 2 years.  I still don't trust her!
View Quote

Not really my business, but since you shared...

... if you don't trust her after [b]two years[/b], don't you think it's time to move on?  Do you still think that trust can be built after all this time?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top