Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2001 8:06:17 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 8:13:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 8:14:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Dear God !!!    You are going to procreate???

There's gotta be some kind of law against stuff like that ...    [:\]  [:\]  [:\]  [:\]

Link Posted: 7/23/2001 8:15:51 AM EDT
[#3]
My 2 cents:  Women... Men... Same species... Completely different creatures.   Why worry/wonder/care about the differences?  Enjoy them and remember that life is way to short to take any of this seriously
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 8:20:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 8:23:09 AM EDT
[#5]
FYI:
~~~ The Rules ~~~

* The female always makes the rules.  
* The rules are subject to change at any time without prior notification.  
* No male can possibly know all the rules.  
* If the females suspects the male knows all the rules, she must immediately
 change some or all the rules.
* The female is never wrong.  
* If the female is wrong, it is due to a misunderstanding which was a
 direct result of something the male did or said wrong.  
* If the above applies, the male must apologize immediately for causing
 the misunderstanding.  
* An apology without flowers is not an apology.
* The female may change her mind at any time.  
* The male must never change his mind at any time without the expressed consent
 of the female.  
* The male may not point out that the women has changed her mind.
* The female has every right to be angry or upset at any time.  
* The male must remain calm at all times, unless the female wants him to be
 angry or upset.  
* The female must, under no circumstances, let the male know whether or not she
 wants him to be angry or upset.
* The female is ready when she is ready.  
* The male must be ready at all times.
* The male may not inquire if the woman is angry or upset.  
* The male may not inquire when the women will be ready.  
* The male is expected to mind-read at all times.  
* The male must earn the respect of the female by giving his life up
 in service to her needs and nurturing of her character.  (Awww!)

Link Posted: 7/23/2001 8:26:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Rons Toys:
FYI:
~~~ The Rules ~~~

* The female always makes the rules.  
* The rules are subject to change at any time without prior notification.  
* No male can possibly know all the rules.  
* If the females suspects the male knows all the rules, she must immediately
 change some or all the rules.
* The female is never wrong.  
* If the female is wrong, it is due to a misunderstanding which was a
 direct result of something the male did or said wrong.  
* If the above applies, the male must apologize immediately for causing
 the misunderstanding.  
* An apology without flowers is not an apology.
* The female may change her mind at any time.  
* The male must never change his mind at any time without the expressed consent
 of the female.  
* The male may not point out that the women has changed her mind.
* The female has every right to be angry or upset at any time.  
* The male must remain calm at all times, unless the female wants him to be
 angry or upset.  
* The female must, under no circumstances, let the male know whether or not she
 wants him to be angry or upset.
* The female is ready when she is ready.  
* The male must be ready at all times.
* The male may not inquire if the woman is angry or upset.  
* The male may not inquire when the women will be ready.  
* The male is expected to mind-read at all times.  
* The male must earn the respect of the female by giving his life up
 in service to her needs and nurturing of her character.  (Awww!)

View Quote

YEP
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 8:55:01 AM EDT
[#7]
i'll give this a shot, because i too love to joke around, and i know what you mean...

when i joke about my girlfriend's hair, its okay, IF and only IF, she is secure about her hair that day.

when i joke about how those pants make her a$$ look, its okay, IF and only IF she is secure about her weight that day.

see a pattern here? me too.

i play it like the guys in Hamburger Hill, i wake up extra early and try to determine what she'll be wearing that day, and act accordingly - it is important to remember that each new day, we men must begin with a clean slate.

also important is that men gain a strong sense of women's fashion do's and don'ts so when asked "which shoes go with these pants?" we will have an answer, ANY answer will do, (except: i don't know, just hurry up!) but be carefull that you don't send her out in white pants after labor day!

it's gonna be extra work for us, no matter how you slice it! women want re-assurance, we are here to give it to them. men are trained to not want/need/ask for assurance. if we abuse that power, then we get, well you know!  [;)]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 8:58:45 AM EDT
[#8]
The underlying assumption in everydiscussion of this sort is that women know what they want, have some consistant, though different, tought processes....we men just can't figure it out.  T'ain't necessarily so.  

I've always thought that we all waste a lot of time trying to rationalize the actions of irrational people. "He/she did it 'cause he/she is just nuts, that's all-let's move on." should be a more frequent comment.

This is not to bash women...I don't think we men are all that consistant either.  When we try to explain some of the things we do we can't....why should they be able to explain the things they do?

Could it possibly be that we're all just human and really, really screwed up across the board? Well, all but me, of course....

Link Posted: 7/23/2001 9:29:23 AM EDT
[#9]
The man/woman thing will always exist.....after being married for 25 years, here`s all the advise i can give you.....NONE.....I know less about her today....good thing i don`t have to try anymore, but that freedom was sure expensive.....guess that`s why there are counselors, and i would suggest anyone really try to save a marraige if possible! It`s a ............(damn netscape is at it again)
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 9:33:20 AM EDT
[#10]
1. Crying is blackmail.
2. Ask for what you want. Subtle hints don't work.
3. Don't cut your hair. Ever.
4. Sometimes, we're not thinking about you. Live with it.
5. Get rid of your cat.
6. Anything we said 6 or 8 months ago is inadmissible in an argument.
7. Anything you wear is fine. Really.
8. Christopher Columbus didn't need directions, and neither do we.
9. You have too many shoes.
10. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us.
11. Learn to work the toilet seat; if it's up put it down.
12. Mark anniversaries on a calendar.
13. Yes, pissing standing up is more difficult than peeing from point blank range. We're bound to miss sometimes.
14. Yes and no are perfectly acceptable answers.
15. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.
16. Don't fake it. We'd rather be ineffective than deceived.
17. Sunday = Sports.
18. If you don't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys..
19. If something we said could be interpreted two ways, and one of the ways makes you sad and angry, we meant the other one.
20. Let us ogle. If we don't look at other women, how can we know how pretty you are?
21. Don't rub the lamp if you don't want the genie to come out.
22. You can either ask us to do something OR tell us how you want it done - not both.
23. Women wearing Wonder bras and low-cut blouses lose their right to complain about having their boobs stared at.
24. You have enough clothes.
25. Nothing says, "I love you" like sex.

and one more from the Jarhead files:

If you tell us nothing's wrong, we're going to act like nothing's wrong.

Your mileage may vary.

Jarhead out.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 9:36:49 AM EDT
[#11]
It has to do with the way guys tend to relate to gals, and other guys.  When two guys start going at it, it's a dominance thing.  One guy's going to win, one guy's going to loose.  Guys also tend to "leave it on the field" and get on with life as well.  They may not like a guy afterward, or even hate him, but generally won't hold a grudge.

Gals on the other hand relate differently.  It's not a "Alpha Male" dominance of the pack thing.  It's more of an "I'm right" thing.  She rarely cares that she wins an argument for winning's sake, only that she's right and she's going to show you you're wrong.  

I still work with a girl that I was close with  that has a grudge burning inside against something I did in the past.  Of course I didn't think it was a big deal at the time, but it was a show stopper.  Sure they say they're over it, but they don't act that way.  And you can reason all day and night (at least with her I did) and get nowhere (and I didn't even do anything wrong, but that's another story).  Anyway, we'll still talk and she'll actually hold conversations with me, but you can see that grudge burning like a beacon behind those eyes.  It's never going to go out (and it still pisses me off that I wasn't in the wrong!) either.  

Guys are different.  I've had a coworker use a racial slur to me (I'm half-white, half-Asian).  I got in his face and we worked it out right there.  We get along great now.  He still thinks messed up things aobut racial issues, but that's no big deal as we know where each other stands and there you go.  Left it on the field.  Sure others would go to managment and cry aoubt stuff, but I don't do that.  I'm responsible for myself, no one else is.

That's really the difference between guys and gals.  It's not so much that you can't figure them out.  They're just as easy to understand as guys really.  They just approach things from a different view.

Ross
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 9:40:25 AM EDT
[#12]
By jarhead`s theory, the GUYS are the literal.....as i see it.....quite a lot of observation/study there!..........so then the women are [>(]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 9:40:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 9:55:12 AM EDT
[#14]

WOMEN: Too Literal Or Too Sensitive???

View Quote

Both!
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 9:59:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Women are not literal they are, for a lack of a better word, too analytic. As much as they deny it, women will always try to find a hidden meaning in what you say. Depending on the woman state of mind would depend on what they percieve that hidden meaning to be. Then they will get midevil sensitive on your ass.

Example:

Girl that is not comfortable with her weight asks you if you like her new hair-do. YOu say yes, but in a monotone voice and the the enthusiastic way she expected. In her mind you just said "no, that haircut make you look fat"

Girl that is insecure of the relationship asks where you are going Sat and why you are not going out with her. YOu say its my bro's b-day and I am going with the "boys" for a boys night out. She heard, "I would rather spend a night with the guys looking at chicks other than you" or "I'm cheating on you"

So now you can see how joking can be taken out of context.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 10:03:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 10:32:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Too P.C. for me.....

RLTW
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 10:36:57 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 11:04:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Ed, it sounds like he only owes you $4,980.00
(Edited 'cause I can't type.)
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 11:48:58 AM EDT
[#20]
I think that in general, females take things too personally while with guys, you can insult each other and still be ok.

I had a female manager once and boy was she ever the worst. She just looked for the superficial stuff (how well you dressed, did you speak up at dept meetings, etc). She also did not take input(suggestions) well and considered it an insult and once insulted, they continue to hold a grudge. I don't want another female manager again. This was a sample of one, but I think that in general, this is true especially in the technical field.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 11:55:47 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 12:22:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 12:32:29 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
i play it like the guys in Hamburger Hill
View Quote

I think you mean Heartbreak Ridge.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 1:04:55 PM EDT
[#24]
You can tell the younger guys from the older ones.

The younger guys are still trying to figure women out.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 1:09:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
You can tell the younger guys from the older ones.

The younger guys are still trying to figure women out.
View Quote
                                           And the older ones know it ai`nt worth it!.........HEY....somebody`s readin` it!...[8D]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 1:10:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Miss Magnum.Where are you??? LOL[:D]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 1:27:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 1:34:09 PM EDT
[#28]
One thing that I've noticed is the the older I get, the less I thought I knew about women.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 1:37:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Don R
yup.

The sad thing is that I'm not sure that I want to know more. Ignorance is bliss. I AM SMILING!
[}:D]

Lew
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 3:30:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 3:52:37 PM EDT
[#31]
I gave up on trying to figure out women.  Guys are all relatively simple.  Ask 10 guys these questions, and 9 of them will give you the same answer:
Q1: What do you want?
Q2: When do you want it?

When I lived in an apartment, I was coming home and a neighbor girl was going out.  In passing I said, "you look nice today", as she was dressed up to go to a job interview or something.  She got angry and said, "What, I don't look good all the time!!!".  WTF???  You can't even compliment them without setting them off.

A1:  Pu$$y!
A2:  Now!
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 6:52:55 PM EDT
[#32]
there are fundamental differences between how men and women approach things.  how the feel, how and what they think.  problems arise when one tries to judge the other by his/her own standards/way of looking at or dealing with things.

i strongly suggest any book by John Gray.  has wonderful insights into the differences between men and women.  and the absolute best part is that he never passes judgement on either, and never suggests that one needs to change to make the other happy.  he "teaches" each to recognize behaviors, etc in the other and how to relate to it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 7:02:51 PM EDT
[#33]
You mean I gotta wait all this time to find out there's an instruction manual, ARLady? Sheesh! [>Q]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 7:09:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
You mean I gotta wait all this time to find out there's an instruction manual, ARLady? Sheesh! [>Q]
View Quote
Yea but it's written by a man, what the hell does he know about womenz!!! LOL [:D]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 7:41:33 PM EDT
[#35]
First off... I don't understand my OWN reactions at times so I don't know how much help I would be on this subject. [:D]

I know as I get older, I let less shit stew... I bring it up almost immediately.  

I know that when I do finally get into a larger argument that the core issue that is bugging me probably won't surface for 20-30 minutes so don't take all that stuff at the beginning to be the primary problem.

Most of the time I just want to be reassured that who I'm with [i]wants[/i] to be there.

Oh... and I would rather you say you're not going to do something than agree to do it and never get it done. [:D]

Link Posted: 7/23/2001 11:14:34 PM EDT
[#36]
I wish I could offer my expertise or experience on this subject, but I can't. I have yet to even date a women. [>Q]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 11:19:59 PM EDT
[#37]
What is it like to hold hands with a womenz?
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 11:37:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
What is it like to hold hands with a womenz?
View Quote

You really crack me up! [:D]

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top