Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2001 6:25:16 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 6:47:23 AM EDT
[#1]
*sigh*

I was wondering how long it would take the LE-haters to post that.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 7:06:04 AM EDT
[#2]
OH SARGUY, posting that or reading it does not make someone a leo hater.
anytime cops screw up its gonna get press, comes with the job, point is if your a cop and you screw up, BE A MAN (or woman) and take your medicine, and dont try to cover it up and blame a innocent person.
In Texas, if convicted, that man would have been executed.
BTW, why did the leo's shoot 100 rnds into the house and the man never fired once ?????
doesnt that create a problem for you ???
not a flame just an observation
[):)]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 7:08:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 7:09:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 8:45:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I read the article.  MY point is that without explaination, it looks like an open invitation to incite the LE-hater crowd.

Yes, I agree that there are some real pogues in the LE community.  And yes, this doesn't look good for Lubbock PD (if they are covering up, they darn well should be held liable).  But again, my point is to not incite so that rational discussion can take place (like we've got going now [:)]).

Garand, my apologies about the remark.  I just didn't want things to degenerate into yet another bash-fest.

BTW: I am from Texas.  I know the law in the state very well.

-SARguy
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 8:56:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 8:59:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Reading that post as presented, is no different than picking up the newspaper and reading it there. the paper doesnt offer a explanation for the stories it prints. they print the story(hopefully factually) and then let you draw your conclusions.
It's not leo bashing to read a story about them screwing up and then make your comments known.
If you dont want people to bash the leo's, then the leo's need to police their own, no matter how bad the incident is.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#8]
The Lightning has also learned that one theory being explored holds that both men were wounded by the same high velocity rifle bullet.

If so, that round likely came from a SWAT sniper's weapon.
View Quote

Where was Lon Whoriuchi at the time?
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 10:06:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 10:12:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Suppressing evidence, shifting blame, and bad shooting policies do not BENEFIT Law Enforcement.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 10:24:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see/read.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The Lightning has also learned that one theory being explored holds that both men were wounded by the same high velocity rifle bullet.

If so, that round likely came from a SWAT sniper's weapon.
View Quote

Where was Lon Whoriuchi at the time?
View Quote

Precisely the kind of lame-assed bull I was referring to.

-SARguy
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 2:52:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Awfull touchy arent we SARguy ???
you didnt respond to the comments made by others, only at the one comment you were hoping to see.
what about the facts of the story ???
[x]
BTW, Lon Whoreiuchi will not go away because he, and those who defend him represent the reasons and attitudes that people hate about LEO's and when events like these detailed on this thread come to light, it fuels the already smoldering fire.
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 3:00:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 3:03:48 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Suppressing evidence, shifting blame, and bad shooting policies do not BENEFIT Law Enforcement.
View Quote

That is why Lon was brought up again?

Is there no culpability?
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 5:15:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 5:34:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 7/23/2001 5:40:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, it sounds bad. First if the shot was from another SWAT member it is at minimum a negligent discharge. If the officers knew that Robinson didn't fire it and arrrested him anyway that sounds like obstructing justice, misconduct in public office, and conspiracy.

Not good, but I thought we DEMANDED that LEO's were at a MINIMUM honest. If you cross that line...............
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 5:43:48 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Butkus 51:
Awfull touchy arent we SARguy ???
you didnt respond to the comments made by others, only at the one comment you were hoping to see.
what about the facts of the story ???
[x]
BTW, Lon Whoreiuchi will not go away because he, and those who defend him represent the reasons and attitudes that people hate about LEO's and when events like these detailed on this thread come to light, it fuels the already smoldering fire.
View Quote

When I agree, I generally don't respond.  I already said that if the facts hold, they ought to be in deep s&%#.  Again, my point is rational discussion when it comes to these things.

See, I responded. [;)]

-SARguy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top