Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2001 8:21:21 AM EDT
I am guessing this is an impossibilty, but is there any state that allows A concealed-carry weapons license at the age of 18. My state, will honor any license issued by another state. Is there one where I can get an out of state license at the age of 18?
-Chuck
I am almost 20.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 8:30:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Patience,my son. Some of used the years between 18 and 21 to become damn good concealers [;)]
Don't do anything illegal[;)] Do take advantage of all the girls too young for the rest of us to spend quality time.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 8:30:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm just guessing, but I would think that you have to be a resident of the state you get your ccw permit in for some period of time.

Matt
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 8:39:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Willis1fit: There are several states that will allow non-resident permits.

Chuck6419: Have you checked www.packing.org?

Link Posted: 7/22/2001 9:00:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I talked to my Oklahoma state representitive last week, he came to our shooting club meeting, and he said he was going to try to get it changed to 18 in OK. You have to be 23 to get it here now. His daughter is 21 and has taken the class but has to wait till she is 23 to get the permit.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 1:07:08 PM EDT
[#5]
i got teh same problem. (19) thing ius NO STATE that has a ccw will issue to under 21. i looked at [url]wwww.packing.org[/url]

well i only got a little less then a year and a half. we need a REAL CCW LAW NO PERMIT BULLSH*T just PACK AND GO.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#6]
What good would a permit be at 18 if you can't purchase pistol until you are 21? I realize that you might carry someone elses but some states require you to qualify and give serial number of YOUR weapon.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 5:42:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I am guessing this is an impossibilty, but is there any state that allows A concealed-carry weapons license at the age of 18. My state, will honor any license issued by another state. Is there one where I can get an out of state license at the age of 18?
-Chuck
I am almost 20.
View Quote
There is one state, which one I can't remember, that will issue a CCW to an 18 year old.  However, even states that it has reciprocity with won't recognize it if issued to someone less than 21.  You would have to go to [url]www.packing.org[/url] if you want to find out which one.  Also, a non-res permit from another state is not valid for a Georgia resident while in Georgia.  I have a Georgia license and licenses from 2 other states and my Georgia one is the only one valid in Georgia.  I think you will find that to be the case in any state (a resident with a non-res from another state=invalid).
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 3:42:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks very much ya'll. I just had to vent a little bit of my impatience. With all the bad thigns going on in the southern part of the Atlanta_metro, I am going to make sure that anyone I work with has a ccw and a gun.
-Chuck
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 3:49:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What good would a permit be at 18 if you can't purchase pistol until you are 21? I realize that you might carry someone elses but some states require you to qualify and give serial number of YOUR weapon.
View Quote
well from a dealer its 21 private purchase depends on state law on possion here in az its 18 so :P
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top