Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2001 8:09:03 AM EDT
Talked with a Machine shop about left handed (non-ambi) safetys. They said they could make me some but just one is a fortune. If I got fifty or so the could cut me a deal. Anyone else interested? I would sell them for about $25 a piece. I just can't shoot with the ambis or right handed version.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 11:04:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I would probably go for two or three, but the work would have to be really professional.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 11:42:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Same here, would be interested in two or three, but as Jim Dandy said, they would have to be professional.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Put me down for 2, maybe 3 if they are well manufactured. Post when they are ready.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 3:02:20 PM EDT
[#4]
A suggestion I've heard for making the Ambi's more friendly to Lefties is to use a Dremel to ground down the arm on the left side of the ambi safety until it's approx half of it's original length. This is supposed to make it more user friendly.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 6:38:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Why not just buy the ambi version with levers on the left and right side.  You will never know, it may be more convenient to use the left side, rather than the right side.
Link Posted: 7/22/2001 6:48:51 PM EDT
[#6]
I just can't shoot with the ambis
View Quote
Does this answer your question? As for modifying the ambidextrous version, I think what [b]ADTECHARMS[/b] is talking about here is to make a [b][i]true[/i][/b] left-handed safety from the get-go.
Link Posted: 7/24/2001 9:14:24 AM EDT
[#7]
That is true these will be true left handed safetys. Actually they will be able to be both right handed or left handed by just inserting it in the other side. As soon as I get them made I will post pics. Any other questions E-mail me. Thanks
Link Posted: 8/7/2001 1:11:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Well guys unfortunatly for me these dandy little things are already made by Olympic it is in there new catalog. they retail for $20. Any other questions for me about it e-mail me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top