Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2001 3:43:28 PM EDT
This is a letter written by a friend of mine's father, it is deep but warrants reading.  It appeared yesterday in the Golden Bar Report and is being sent to congress.

• Letter to the Congress and Senate of the United States from a private citizen exposing discrepencies by the Treasury department in reporting the ownership of bullion reserves held in trust for America's citizens, and proposing an independent audit of US Gold Reserves, as an immediate remedy - by TK Taylor

Guest Analyst
July 18, 2001

AMERICA'S GOLD
T. K. Taylor*

Dear Senators and Congressmen,

It has been my understanding that the citizens of the United States have entrusted some 261.5 million ounces of their national gold to be held in trust by the Department of the Treasury that is controlled and administered by Congress. The status reporting of these assets is reflected monthly at the Financial Management Service / Department of the Treasury Website: http://www.fms.treas.gov/gold/index.html.

What has happened to all of America's GOLD?

I believe this is a very serious issue, and I'm sure the Congress and the Senate does too. Since there are so few Senators and Congressmen in America who understand the importance of this issue for our freedom, all Senators and Congressmen should be recommending to call for a Congressional Budget Office (CBO) investigation of the gold reserves, specifically: 1) Does the U.S. Govt. own all the gold in its vaults; 2) Is the 8,100 tons really on site.

My understanding is the CBO has the power to access anyone and anything in the Federal Government, to answer a Member's inquiry, and, CBO auditors don't lie to Congressmen and Senators. Additionally, independent audits are not only prudent, but also mandated by "rule of law". Yet, it is my understanding that this has been done internally for 46 years. Our gold reserves that are held primarily in Ft. Knox as well as other locations should be independently audited at least every four years. Corresponding to presidential elections. It would be prudent for Congress to "invest" in regularly scheduled independent audits of our gold reserves, as one has not been performed since 1955. It is always best not to "let the fox guard the hen house" and to "follow the rule of law".

Reporting of the 261.5 million ounces of gold through August 2000 on the above website was quite straightforward as can be seen by viewing the August report. A significant change was made on the September 2000 report that can also be viewed on the Treasury's website. Over 54 million ounces were switched from the "Gold Bullion Reserve" category to "Custodial Gold Bullion", without footnote or explanation, reportedly held at the U.S. Mint at West Point, New York. This amounts to the apparent loss of gold ownership of over 20% of the total U.S. gold reserves previously thought to be part of our national asset base. "Reserves" obviously connote ownership while the connotation "Custodial" refers to taking care of another's property. The 48 million plus ounces at the U.S. Mint at Denver, Colorado continued to be reported as "Gold Bullion Reserve". This reporting was both before and after the September change of reclassification of gold at the U.S. Mint at West Point, New York and no other "Custodial" positions for any other location have ever been reported.

Link Posted: 7/19/2001 3:44:26 PM EDT
[#1]
To further confuse the issue, the categories of "Reserve" and "Custodial" gold have both been eliminated as of the May 2001 report, also available for viewing on the website. Both categories were consolidated and are now categorized and labeled "Deep Storage Gold" - whatever that means. Therefore, I would appreciate an explanation as to whom we are the custodians for these 54 million ounces of gold. Why do we no longer own this gold, and when and why did Congress authorize this apparent liquidation of national gold assets, as I'm sure you and your constituents would also like to know.

As pointed out above that an amount of gold that amounts to approximately 20% of the U.S. gold reserve, stored at West Point, had been suddenly reclassified from "US Gold Bullion" to "Custodial Reserves." This seemed to correspond to a similar decrease in German gold reserves leading to speculation that a swap between the ESF and Germany may have taken place and as a consequence, 20% of the U.S. gold supply may have been encumbered or committed to the Germans with Americans being totally unaware of this event. As I understand it, the Treasury Secretary had promised to get back to Congressman Paul on this issue. We have not heard anything about the Treasury Secretary's response to Congressman Paul if indeed he has yet responded. Congressmen Paul (Texas) and Larson (Connecticut), as well as Senators Lieberman (Connecticut) and Allard (Colorado) have posed that same question to the Treasury Secretary and he has refused to answer them as well as to many others.

Who is Treasury Secretary O'Neill, that he acts as if he is above the law, and has to answer to no one? It appears more and more by the day, that Washington's political elite are totally out of control, as they appear accountable to no one, not even the Congress or the Senate. But when O'Neill refuses to answer the same questions posed by Senators and Congressmen, democracy has clearly taken a backseat.

It would appear that the Treasury has apparently pulled yet another "fast one" on the American public. Now the Treasury has lumped all gold into one classification called "Deep Storage," apparently in an attempt to keep us totally in the dark. This of course is leading to even more speculation about what might be going on with the gold stored in the U.S. Treasury. Is this the location of Alan Greenspan's capability to loan gold in exceeding amounts if the price should rise. I am wondering if the Congress and Senate are aware of this latest change in the classification of U.S. gold and whether the Treasury Secretary has yet answered the Congressman's initial question about the reclassification of 20% of the U.S. gold supply? Also, could we know why the Treasury saw fit to change the classification once again? Was it to avoid answering Congressman Paul's question? Was it to ensure further sales or gold swaps could not be detected by the American public?

Link Posted: 7/19/2001 3:45:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Why was Treasury owned gold in the Denver Mint, Fort Knox and at the West Point Mint reclassified at all three locations to read "Deep Storage Gold" as of May 31, 2001? What does "Deep Storage Gold" mean? Please advise me with a simple YES or NO, "does the Treasury of the United States own this gold that has been classified under three different titles in less then twelve months?".

Being that Alan Greenspan is head of the FRB, witch is owned by private bankers, and he is known to be less than honest about gold swaps as stated in the minutes of the 1995 FOMC meeting, his testimony must be questioned. Treasury Secretary O'Neill so far has refused to lie but also refused to answer all questions. This is why a CBO investigation may be warranted.

Under the Freedom of Information Act I am requesting this information be made available.

Sincerely T.K.Taylor

* Mr. Taylor is a private citizen who is concerned about the reclassification of US Gold reserves.

Link Posted: 7/19/2001 4:15:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Its dem dang ol Illuminata Bilderberger CFR
guy what done stole it !
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 5:44:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Mmmmm... my precious... Musssssst guard my preciousssss... Nasty little hobbitsessss trying to steal my precious!
[%|]

Link Posted: 7/19/2001 5:57:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Matt VDW:
Mmmmm... my precious... Musssssst guard my preciousssss... Nasty little hobbitsessss trying to steal my precious!
[%|]

View Quote

LMAO!![:D]

Getting a little anxious waiting for the LOTR movie to open? Me too.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 6:00:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top