Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2001 9:57:14 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 10:09:37 AM EDT
[#1]
OMG, they actually admitted it was wrong!!

Zaz
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 10:13:17 AM EDT
[#2]
They actually responded.  Wow, Lets see if they send the same thing to me, or if they send one at all.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 10:14:12 AM EDT
[#3]
wow, I am impressed. Its a good thing to, I am a big time Lowes fanatic. Cant go in that damn store without buying something. Thought I wasnt going to get to shop there anymore.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 10:17:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm still not shopping there.  They are only trying to cover their ass because they realize that they pissed off a large portion of their customer base.  They are probably still funnelin money to the anti-gun crowd.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 10:18:32 AM EDT
[#5]
DVD Tracker,

Thank you for writing the email to Lowe's!

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 10:19:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 10:42:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By DVD Tracker:
The information in question was provided to Lowe's by a third party, the Consumer Federation of America, who had obtained it from Johns Hopkins Center for Injury Research and Policy.  We understand that certain elements of that information may be viewed as being subjective; therefore, it has been removed from our web site.  Frankly, a more careful reading of that information by our staff, before it was posted, may have eliminated this issue before it occurred.
View Quote

The Consumer Federation of American is on the NRA's list of anti-gun organizations a few years ago.  And of course Johns Hopkins Center for Injury Research and Policy is a bastion for liberal policy.

It sounds to me like these people blindly put stuff on their website.  They seem to read this is not good for overall corporate policy, but it is good that they did removed it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 10:49:47 AM EDT
[#8]
Good for Lowe's.  I guess I can shop there again.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 11:07:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Do you notice that when companies who come up with this bulls*^t are called on the carpet by gun owners they ALWAYS say "It's not our policy" bla,bla,bla. Well if it wasn't thier policy,why in the hell did they take issue with it. If it "Isn't thier intent to take a public policy position on the overall issue of second ammendment rights in the U.S.",they should just SHUT THE F*#K UP!.Instead,they DO take a stance on the issue,then whe we raise hell about it ,they backpedal. Well, I for one,know thier stance on this issue. So F&%K THEM.[-!-]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 11:13:06 AM EDT
[#10]
[b]HOLD ON A SEC...[/b]

Two things first.

1.  Didn't someone find a noted anti-gunner on their board of directors?

2.  If the above ISN'T true, we still need to keep watch over where they donate, etc.

It LOOKS good, but let's be sure.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 11:14:02 AM EDT
[#11]
This is a good step. A little positive news for a change, although it may not have a big impact at least it is something.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 11:18:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
[b]HOLD ON A SEC...[/b]
It LOOKS good, but let's be sure.
Mike
View Quote

"Trust, but verify" Ronald Reagan
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 12:14:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 12:18:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Just received mine as well.  Same old same old.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 12:19:56 PM EDT
[#15]
They lie!

http://www.loweshomesafety.org/se_hometips.asp

Personal Property and Outdoor Valuables

latches, garage doors and shed doors are all locked with high-security, laminated padlocks.  
We always lock gate latches, garage doors and shed doors after every use.  

Grills, lawn mowers and other valuables are stored in a locked garage or shed, or if left out in the open, are hidden from view with a tarp and securely locked to a stationary point.  
Every bicycle is secured with a U-bar lock or quality padlock and chain.  

We always lock our bikes, even if we leave them for "just a minute."  

Firearms are stored unloaded and locked in storage boxes or secured with trigger guard locks.  

Link Posted: 7/19/2001 12:23:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 12:59:32 PM EDT
[#17]
I got the same letter today as well. I guess they got off of their butts and took notice of all of the pro-gun americans money they will loose do to their statement on the Lowes site.

I pat each and everyone on the back who took the time to write them and give thier view on the problem.

I just might go back to the Lowes up the street here.....I was having withdraw shakes.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 1:05:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Just got my letter a little while ago too. I think we should save'em and send a copy to other places we patronize who might be inclined to do the same thing as LOWE's and Kmart. Let them learn a lesson from their peers!
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#19]
I just got my response.  I have to wonder just how many angry responses they received.  This is what I sent them:

[i]When you hear "I need to keep my gun nearby, so if a robber comes into the house I can protect my family." The facts are: Homes with guns are much more likely to have a murder or suicide of a family member than in homes without guns.  What you can do:  Remove any guns from the house. If a gun must be kept, keep it in a locked box and store bullets locked up somewhere else.[/i]

The facts are???  Do some research.  The facts are nothing of the kind.

Guns are not a cause of murder or suicide.  They don't MAKE people do things.  And they are, by far, the most effective defensive tool available.  Thank you very much, my guns will stay in my home.

If this represents the corporate position on the private ownership of firearms for the purpose of self-defense, then Lowe's will not be receiving any of MY business, ever.

Thank you for your attention.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/19/2001 3:18:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Got my reply too.  Same letter.  It sounds good,and they certainly said the right things.  I guess we'll see how serious they are.  But the fact that they cared enough to reply in a thoughtful manner and try to smooth ruffled feathers has bought them a reprieve from me.

Eternal vigilance, of course....

Good job to all who sent letters!!!
[beer]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 3:29:37 PM EDT
[#21]
Same response for me too. But, at the very least, they sent it without too much delay. It appears that Lowes did take it seriously. Makes me feel a little better than when I first read it. But, I'll still watch them closely!
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 3:33:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 3:33:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 3:36:11 PM EDT
[#24]
I received the same response.  It's better than the email I got from Homo Depot when I emailed them about supporting a gay organization.

Eddie
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#25]
I just got mine too! Nice work guys! I agree with HIPWR though, These idiots will bear watching. I dont trust them either!
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#26]
I received mine today also.
I'm still [b]not[/b] going to shop there anymore. I'm not buying their attempt to blow smoke just so I will spend my money there again.

They remind me of most politicians.[X][X][X]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 6:01:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

"Trust, but verify" Ronald Reagan
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#28]
got mine also.  I am very surprised!
Anyone checked to see if it is pulled yet????
I wonder how long it will take them.
guns762
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 6:28:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 7:20:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Got mine today.  I'll want to check them out a little further before I spend any money there again, though. I am not going to let this die. I'll try to find out if they are supporting anti-gun orgs.  If so I will wite them again and tell them I am boycotting them b/c of their support for (insert anti org. here).
BUT, it is good that they corrected the snafu, and maybe they'll stick to hardware and leave the politics to Sara-commie-brady.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 10:29:23 PM EDT
[#31]
Got the same response.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 10:56:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Nothing will change until they boot out all of those hysterical anti-gunners that are on the "safety council" board of directors.
Link Posted: 7/25/2001 11:59:36 AM EDT
[#33]
I just received my response yesterday.  Same letter, at least they made the effort.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top