Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2001 4:48:45 PM EDT
A friend of mine has this big Metallica interview in a older Playboy, I sat down and read it today, check this out.

[b]Playboy:[/b] James, your progun and pro environment. Did you vote for Al Gore?

[b]Hetfield:[/b] No. I'm afraid of someone taking my guns away.

Good Answer

[b]Playboy:[/b] Then did you vote for Bush?

[b]Hetfield:[/b] No. You have to go into the city to vote. So I'm not going to vote.

Bad answer, but then again what was the point of voting for Bush if you live in California.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:51:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Who is this "Al Gore" person, that you speak of?
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:55:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Major Murphy:
Who is this "Al Gore" person, that you speak of?
View Quote

Just somebody I read about in Newsweek, I think I saw him on TV once.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:58:18 PM EDT
[#3]
ahhh...oh yeah, he's that fat, balding guy with the elbow patches on his jacket, right?
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 5:03:46 PM EDT
[#4]

I read that interview, it was awsome. I think it put a whole differant light on the band than most people were used to seeing.

In the music vein, Aron Lewis of Staind recently did an interview for Rolling Stone where he stated that he was an NRA member, an avid hunter, and that he was pro conceal carry.

I was suprised that they even printed that part of the interview, as antigun as Rolling Stone is.

Link Posted: 7/18/2001 5:14:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Good to know where one of my favorite bands stand on guns.  Bummer about Jason Newstead, I really liked him.  Anybody know who will be replacing him?
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 5:19:26 PM EDT
[#6]
No word on a replacement yet, but on a cool ass side note a guy from my hometown is auditioning with them. They are actually recording another album while auditioning bass players. It will be a good year until we see something new though.

Try [url]http://www.metallica.com/[/url] for updates.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top