Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/18/2001 4:04:50 PM EDT
http://www.shooterstore.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=90&Product_ID=11072&CATID=493

it has no magazine. it is a single shot AR15 made by dpms inc. it is priced at $814 each which is more than Im paying for my bushmaster xm15e2s target rifle!!! its legal in california so thats a plus to some people. but I have to admit that its quite a waste of materials in my opinion.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:19:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Hahahahahahaha!!!  Watta POS!  Hey Kalifornia, you did it to yourselves.  

If anyone is interested in buying this "AR", please just Paypal the money to me instead. You'll feel better about getting nothing in return, that having this "AR" sitting in your closet. I'd be embarressed to show up at a range with it! [smash]

Save your money and get a Ruger No.1 in 243.  Now that's a Single shot. [sniper]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:20:54 PM EDT
[#2]
  I want one of those recievers! I just heard Traders in SanLeandro has them. Ever since I seen the Ferret 50 I've wanted one of those recievers. I wouldn't put one of my legal recievers to that pounding. But I think the ferret 50 is a must have.
  I do agree that is kind of a waste. An entire rifle single shot for 800+.... naaaaa, unless.... you could get a chain fed upper!
  I think I have figured out a way to really up the interest in belt fed uppers! We could make liberals piss themselves with an all new "evil" weapon.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 5:38:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 5:48:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 5:57:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 6:05:21 PM EDT
[#6]
i woulndt mind it if it was a 10 shot lower then i would be more inclended to get a stripped lower and build a pre ban style pistol (no  detachable magazine so i dont have to worry about AW ban)
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 6:22:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 6:24:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Can anyone post an active link that will give a pic and info on this rifle.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 8:00:47 PM EDT
[#9]
[url]http://www.shooterstore.com/acb/showdetl.cfm?&DID=90&Product_ID=11072&CATID=493[/url]

[img]http://www.shooterstore.com/dpmsinc/images/RFA2-V.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 8:22:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hahahahahahaha!!!  Watta POS!  Hey Kalifornia, you did it to yourselves.  
View Quote

Thanks for the update.  I didn't realize anything was wrong here until YOU pointed it out.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 8:31:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Whoaho, that's funnier than hell in a sad sort of way.  Oh well, at least it still *looks* mean to the uninitiated.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 8:42:48 PM EDT
[#12]
You know, that thing really does look neutered.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 9:14:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Wow that thing screams   BELT FEED ME!

Where thers a will    
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Free the AR15!
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 10:04:21 PM EDT
[#15]
xanadu, nice attitude.

Maybe so you get some perspective you'd like to trade me places?   That way you can see how two or three PILE OF S**T cities can dictate or rule over all of Ca. due to the sheer number of liberals living within those areas and ruin it for the rest of us.

tone it down please, atleast for those of us who actually have to put up with living here for a little while longer.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 10:12:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Ditto what BigMac, raf, and Paul said! The lower would be perfect for a 50 upper. Also for people who have benchrest type uppers who just shoot 80gr ammo single shot exclusively...
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 10:14:29 PM EDT
[#17]
It should have a fake USGI mag built onto the reciever so it can still maintain the evil look.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 10:17:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Thank You Armalite Fan. That is a pathetic excuse for an AR15. Glad I bought one in occupied Kalifornia when I could. DAMN IT I wish I could live in a free state.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 10:19:29 PM EDT
[#19]
    Oh, by the way, how do you load that accursed thingy?
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 10:19:35 PM EDT
[#20]
If they would modify it with a bolt action, but still make it look like an AR I would buy one. Hell if I'm paying 800 Bucks I will expect a Semi-Auto. Build a Semi-Auto for $500 and remove the gas tube and plug the gas port. Wonder if that's legal, but then again why would you do it. I can operate a Bolt-Action pretty well, seeing that my main hunting rifle is a bolt-action, but I will not go through chambering and seating a round after each shot. I wonder if a Double-Action AR would gain legal acceptance in PRK. As in, when you pull the trigger it pushes back the firing pin and releases. That might actually be a good gun, for those wanting an AR that is safe to carry around and store with a round in the chamber. How about placing a bolt on the side that could make the gun a single-action and therefore legal. As in after each shot, the shooter taps the bolt with his free finger. It could be placed near the trigger gaurd to allow for easy cocking. This seems to be the worst overall design for a non-semi auto. AR. The plugged the damned gas port and sliced off part of the magazine feed well, so it would be worth more and outwardly be a visible single-shot.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 10:34:31 PM EDT
[#21]
    Can you put a normal ar15 upper on that. Or does it have a special upper that will only work on that particular lower?
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 11:01:43 PM EDT
[#22]
Regular upper. Notice the bolt stop. When you fire bolt ass. recoils and stays back awaiting next round. (or so it looks---I've never seen one in real life)
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 11:44:56 PM EDT
[#23]
HMMMMM
No gas system.
Single shot.....
Anybody thought about the CMP/NRA rules about the AR15/M16 that states that the gas system must operate?
This would be the answer for Service rifle @ 1000 yds..... 80gr SMK @ 3000+fps.
Someone is going to have to fight the CMP/NRA on the gas system rule though.

Lew[smash]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
xanadu, nice attitude.

Maybe so you get some perspective you'd like to trade me places?   That way you can see how two or three PILE OF S**T cities can dictate or rule over all of Ca. due to the sheer number of liberals living within those areas and ruin it for the rest of us.

tone it down please, atleast for those of us who actually have to put up with living here for a little while longer.
View Quote

Here's my 'perspective", I was stationed at Moffett Field 1979 to 1982.  Got married, decided to have children, promptly left the Navy and CA.

I'm not flaming Californians, hey you do what you have to do, but I set my priorities 20 years ago and have NEVER regretted it. BTW The handwriting was on the wall back then. Cost of living, crime, traffic, more wacko's per square mile, and the liberal agenda that takes precident over an individual's rights.

If you don't like it, my advice is to bail out.  The longer you tell yourself that you'll leave the more reasons you'll find why you "can't".

Good luck, I mean that sincerely, cause I'd hate to feel stuck there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top