Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 12:01:11 PM EDT
[#1]
A 5 iron?

EVERYONE knows that you use a 7 wood on fire hydrants....
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:09:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Vandalizing a fire hydrant?  give me a break.  Hitting one with a car on purpose is vandalizing one, hitting with a golf club is a dumb thing kids do.

Ah.... NO!  ...no break given on this!!!

Replace fire hydrant with the wheels on your car parked in a public lot.  Same kids... same golf club.

True... other than chip the paint off, they most likely will not damage the hydrant or your wheels to the point they will not function.

So... If I key your car, that would not be vandalism... as the car will still totally function?

But if I open the hood and bash your engine with a sledge hammer that is... because that causes damage which effects the functionality of your car?

I think we would have a major confrontation if I did either.  I bet you would think both would be vandalism to your personal property!  I don't think you would be thinking... "Kids will be kids." Then mess up their hair with your hand... smile and walk off.

What they were doing was three things.  

1. Stupid (being a kid is not an excuse for doing unacceptable things)

2. Vandalism (damaging property is this manner even though it does not effect function is wrong)

3. Fatal (doing wrong has consequences.  There are those we expect and accept... and there is the unknown.  In this case Karma backed-up on this kid.  It is sad a life was lost over doing stipid things.  But it is not so uncommom that kids die from stupid acts.  Be it hill topping... drugs... racing... playing with guns they should not have... doing dare-devil stuff they copy from TV... or hitting a golf club on a fire hydrant!  Sometimes STUPID kills!)

YES... Vandalism!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top