Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 7/17/2001 6:36:43 PM EDT
Where is the best place to buy from? Also, are there any barrels on the market that are rated higher than a Krieger.i.e more accurate, longer life,cheaper. Thank you, RedHook
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 7:17:03 PM EDT
What are your preferences. Really, what kind of barrels do you prefer,are kriegers worth the hype. your thoughts, anyone? [smoke]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 7:36:19 PM EDT
Rated higher than a Krieger.i.e more accurate? Yes. Cheaper, [b]AND[/b] rated higher than a Krieger, more accurate, longer life? No way, cheaper, & better just don't go together. As a matter of fact better accuracy, and longer life don't really don't go together either. Where you at, & where are you headed - I mean accuracy-wise (Under 1.25 MOA)? There's no shortage of "Custom" barrel makers out there, & they've got to compete for your business, so you pretty much get what you pay for these days. Hart, Shilen, Wilson, & Krieger cost more but they're worth it. E.R. Shaw, & Obermeyer can almost name their own price and get it (whatayagonado - they're the best, & they know it). FWIW, & "for the money", Douglas Barrels are unsurpassed. Course that's just my 2¢, I'm sure I've insulted somebody's barrel by not meantioning it along side Shaw, & Obermeyer. [:X*]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 12:52:31 PM EDT
FWIW Barrel fitting and machining is a critical part of getting best accuracy. Conversely, buying a barrel from Bud's Bargain Barrel Blanks at the local Gun Show and machining to the .00000001 won't work either. Doug
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 12:59:51 PM EDT
All of the above are excellent. I favor Mike Rock barrels myself.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 8:52:18 PM EDT
Buy the tube directly from Krieger. Just got through shooting a 700 with a S/S Krieger @300 yards the groups were under an inch. The bores are hand lapped and clean up is the easiest I've ever seen. You'll go broke if you only use match ammo before you shoot one out.
Top Top