Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2001 12:04:00 PM EDT
the following is taken from lowes it claims fire arms is the leading number of death in the U.S. for children under 14 but then on the same page it show how other are just as dangerous or more so...I wonder if they caught this mistake and left in on pourpose

Choking, Suffocation, and Strangulation Prevention
In 1993, 360 U.S. children ages 14 and under died as a result of mechanical suffocation at home. Choking resulted in 300 deaths in children ages 14 and under. (Source: National Safety Council)
View Quote

Firearm Injury Prevention
Guns are a leading cause of injury and death to children. In 1995, 170 children between the ages of 5 and 14 died from unintentional firearms injuries, principally during recreational activities or at home. (Source: National Safety Council).
View Quote

if firearms are the most, the numbers dont ad up 170 firearms< 300 bike deaths< 360 suffocations

Bike & Pedestrian Safety
Bicycles are associated with more childhood injuries than any other consumer product except the automobile. Each year, approximately 300 children ages 14 and under are killed in bicycle-related incidents and 400,000 more are injured. (Source: National SAFE KIDS Campaign®)
View Quote

edited for my mistakes

Link Posted: 7/17/2001 12:06:49 PM EDT
[#1]
[b]YES!![/b]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 12:11:51 PM EDT
[#2]
"Are people really this stupid?"

You betcha!
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 12:16:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 12:18:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I tried to e-mail the LOWES safety council but the only have a snail mail address so I guess I will write them a letter..don't worry my wife and my PC will check for grammar/spelling errors ..don't want to give the red neck dumb thing a chance.

edit for spelling of course
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Has anybody received a reply from Lowe's yet.  I really expected some auto-generated form reply the next day, but I have yet to receive anything from them.  I wonder what is going on?
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 12:21:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Their text says "A leading" not "THE leading"; technically and grammatically, they've not made an error.
View Quote

you are right!  
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#7]
No responce yet but they removed the "How To" page as of the last time I checked.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 12:43:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Its incredible how stupid some people are. I see it every day.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 12:48:21 PM EDT
[#9]
They use the phrase "are a leading" indicating there are more.  To be fair they should list the top 10, and then realize they sell many of the leading causes of children's deaths.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 2:33:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Standard Liberal rhetoric and you ask if people are that stupid!

Dude, WTF were you thinking about?
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 2:50:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Seems like the world/country thinks the 2nd can be eliminated and nothig bad will happen. In their eyes it is an expendable right. Well ask the 6 million dead jews and countless gypsies and many germans that were against hitler. Look at England crime is getting worse and worse by the day. unfortunatly people are very stupid. That is why America is in the trouble it is in. And I don't mean just guns. They have made politicians there god. They will solve every problem for the american people. Well we all know where that will lead. God help America or at least the people who still know that God is God.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 4:03:19 PM EDT
[#12]
lets ban bikes. Well, at least the dangerous ones.

dangerous bike guidelines:

1. protruding seat. (pistol grips kill, so can seats)

2. removable tires. (more easily to conceal so you can pass it through a metal detector by putting it in the tray)

3. waterbottles that hold more the 2 pints of water. (this way you will not be able to outrun the cops)

4. any bike made in or containing parts from China, Germany, or Africa. (Thier bike are more dangerous than ours)
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 4:06:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top