Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2001 10:51:21 AM EDT
Does anyone know of a good outdoor rifle range is in the Columbus, Ohio area.  I'm tired of depending on my friends with land every time I want to go shoot my AR.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 10:57:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't know of any in Columbus (don't live in that area). I hear there is a range in the Springfield area but not sure of the name or exact location.

The range I go to is in Middletown, but that's a long drive from Columbus.

Good Luck
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 11:04:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Bwilder,  do you go to the Middletown Sportsmans Club? I am a member there. Just wish they had the rifle range go out to 250 or 300 yards.  Dont know of any in the Springfield area, and I work in Springfield. I live in Dayton and choices are pretty slim. There is Springvalley Shooting Range over by Ceasers Creek - its state run.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 11:12:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Deleware state park outdoor range, about 45min north of Columbus. Get on Route 23 N, stay on it until you see a "gun shop" sign, make a left at the light, go into the gun shop. Get a range pass for $3 for the day, leave the gun shop, go through the light (straight across 23N) and the range will be on your right. You'll miss it on your first pass, so turn around. ;)

It's only 100 yards, but it's sufficient.  New Albany is only 25 yards (indoor).  The Powder Room has a 100 yard indoor underground range, but it is currently closed for repairs (probably a couple of months until it's done).
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 11:35:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys,  I think I went up to the Deleware state park with one of my buddies that was training a bird dog.  (You could release and shoot pen raised birds out of season)  I don't recall seeing an outdoor rifle range.  I will give them a call and find out where exactly they are located.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 12:10:28 PM EDT
[#5]
thats funny
i can drive 5 minutes and shoot all my toys out to about 300m and drive 20 minutes and shoot as far as i want.

course, i live in new mexico
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 12:47:19 PM EDT
[#6]
must be nice. but then again I am kind of fond of that green stuff called grass. I have relatives in the Rio Rancho area, nice for a visit but I cant do the desert.

Link Posted: 7/17/2001 12:48:44 PM EDT
[#7]
If you want to go south of Columbus you can go to Deer Creek State Park, about 20 or 30 minute drive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top