Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
Posted: 7/17/2001 9:02:24 AM EDT
It's buggy and it takes a Super Computer to run it, but man is it addictive. Anyone here play? I go by "Jerk" and I fly ME109's for the Axis. FPS is not all that great right now, especially when over a 1000 people are playing in one server. But it's pretty cool to have tanks, infantry, flak88's, and airplanes, all going at it on one battlefield. [img]http://home.wanadoo.nl/et.glass/windhund/windhund_namur_small.jpg[/img] Disclaimer: If you buy this game, you better have a ton of RAM- 256 minumum.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 9:18:42 AM EDT
So I guess my Pentium 200Mhz, 64 megs of ram, 3 gig hard-drive, and a 26k (if I'm lucky) connection won't cut it will it?
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 10:50:23 AM EDT
As soon as the rest of my new hardware comes in I am going to buy it. I can't stand Win98 anymore. It's such a piece of crap and it keeps getting slower and buggier with age. As for W2Online, I have heard nothing but good things about it even though most people say that it is still very "Beta". I love multiplayer games, and 1000 players sounds like a wetdream. I have a friend that's getting me a discount copy of Win 2000 Pro. I just bought a new 40gig IDE 7200rpm hardrive and 786 megs of Ram for about a $120 bucks. I can't believe how cheap hardware is now. It's a good thing too, I hear that WW2 will eat up all available resources and ask for seconds.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 11:31:59 AM EDT
that game looks awesome. Too bad my computer has only 192megs of ram, although i do have a p3 800. What are the video card requirements?? I have a Diamond Viper w/32mb ram. Doesn't really matter right now for me because my computer is in storage right now until, i get back from Air Force basic and my tech school. how fun for me... [grenade]
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 1:50:45 PM EDT
Yeah, I play for the Axis too..."Eagleye" In fact, I believe I've seen you flying in a 109 on a couple occasions...
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 4:00:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/17/2001 3:57:09 PM EDT by tool]
EagleEye - cool! I will be looking for ya! BTW- if you want to learn how to kill A13's with the ME109 then just ask! It takes a lot of practice but man is it fun when you learn how to. The armor on the top hull is only 1/4 inch thich, and 20mm cannon can punch through it very easy. The bad thing is that you have to dive straight down at a 90 degree angle and shoot right behind the turret root on the back deck. Try it. It's fun, I've killed as many as 7 A13's in one mission. Recon- Your system will be just fine if you can add a little more RAM. RAM is cheap now days. Try www.crucial.com and order some. Other than that your system will work just fine.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 2:40:59 AM EDT
My cousin plays a lot. Cant hardly pry him away from the computer. Of course he builds custom computers for a living and he has DSL tapped into his house so it flys on his setup. Kick ass game.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:37:06 AM EDT
recon- after reading your post a second time I realized that your connection speeds is too low. They claim 56k will work but I think you really need some sort of broadband connection.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:52:06 AM EDT
I just downloaded a 40 meg video of WWII online and it looked pretty crappy. [url]www3.wwiionline.com/wwiiol_promo2.exe[/url] The graphics looked horrible 1996 era. 10 dollars a month. [rolleyes] I think I'll stick with Tribes for now. I'd probably get it if it wasn't for a monthly fee. screw that.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 5:01:23 AM EDT
7, I'm with on playing Tribes, I play by the name of "kramrd" too. What name do you use? I'm playing the demo version and use GameSpy Arcade to play. I usually play in the FA/SK8 or KCMO servers. They both have the [GR] mods which give you most excellent weapons :) M.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 5:04:54 AM EDT
The fraphics looked horrible mainly because it was a movie, and not in-game. I admit, the graphics aren't jawdropping, but they certainly aren't bad. WWIIOL goes more for realism than eye-candy anyway.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 5:29:41 AM EDT
kramrd, I play tribes 2 as -=AirTJ=- Tribes 2 just rocks. "Woohoo" "I got your number, I got everyones number." "Need pilot for turbograv" "Eat my plasma"
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 7:22:55 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 8:30:33 AM EDT
I have the Game and I play as Druze from time to time. I'm waiting for them to fix the FPS before I jump into it with both feet. I have been playing another Massive Multiplayer game for a couple of years called Everquest but I'm reaching my burnout level on it. WW2 Online has a lot of potential and I think will be a great game in about 6 months to a year. That is if it does not get canned first.
Top Top