Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2001 4:16:47 PM EDT
Comercial break right now. Seems a Taxi driver wasted 2 guys after they attacked him. After the commercial braek we get to hear the dead guys story. he lived long enough to give a staement. I'm going back to watch!
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 4:19:15 PM EDT
[#1]
They are using one incident which could have gone either way.  They just used the phrase 'victims of the concealed weapons law'.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 4:25:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to abc.com and do the online survey. They'll post the results before the end of the show. So far it's skewed but could have been worse....it is ABC.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 4:25:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Guess the wrong ammo was used, if the perp could still make a statement! Common sense says the perps would say anything, even lie in their last statement, to get even!

With .40 SUPER no statements whatsoever will come from the perps lips!
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 4:32:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Anybody find the survey?? can you post a link?
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 4:50:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anybody find the survey?? can you post a link?
View Quote
[url]http://abcnews.go.com[/url]

Poll is on the right side of page.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 4:59:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Did they broadcast the results!@!
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 5:03:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#8]
This happened here in Austin, on Barton Springs road.  The Taxi driver died in jail awaiting trial.  (Bad Heart) a big deal was made of it at the time because the victims were yuppie tech guys working for one of the software firms in town.  One guy had been here less than 3 weeks from Cali. The stories are 180 Degrees apart from victim and shooter, but some facts stand out:  
The Taxi driver changed his story three times in two days. His lawyer had a 4th version.
Victim #1 was shot in the back while lying face down on the road. Was previously shot in the chest.
Victim #2 was chased down and shot repeatedly behind the cab off the roadway, while trying to climb an embankment. Received a round in the back of the head.
Shooter stated it was a strongarm robbery, and only used his weapon (Colt 45 ACP) after an extensive fight with both victims. Shooter didn't even have a mussed up shirt. This despite his claim of fighting off two males in their mid 20's while being overweight, with a bad heart, in his 50's, in the middle of a busy 4 lane roadway. (No witnesses)  Now, I know this kind of goes against the grain, but not all CHL folks are angels. I've been to the scene, I know the Taxi company's reputation for hiring drivers with a penchant for doing extra income deals on the side. This was a murder by the driver. It may have started out as a drug/prostitution /con job gone bad, but it ended up a double homicide. No way in heck this was a good self defense shoot. PDM, let me know how bad they butcher CHL holders in this. (I don't own a TV)
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 5:11:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did they broadcast the results!@!
View Quote

Yes, for a brief moment.  77%, 23%--our favor.
View Quote

Well how long does it take to say that man. At least they broadcast it, now I'll know its safe to watch later- I wont have a heart attack.

But that case they used was so atypical it shouldnt even be considered.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top