Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2001 12:37:04 PM EDT
Howdy, all. I've been lurking awhile and decided to join. Great site! Got a question for you. I have a pre-ban Colt AR-15 HBAR, one of the ones with no fence around the mag release on the lower, A2 upper, flash hider and no bayonet lug. I bought this rifle in '91 or '92 and it has less than 1000rds thru it. I was wondering if anyone knows an approx. cost for this rifle in NE Ohio. Need to know for insurance reasons. None of the gun shops I go to around here will give me an answer, they just tell me what they'd give me for it if I was trading it in on another gun. I realize any prices posted will be approximate and I won't hold anyone to them, I just need a ballpark figure, as stated above, for insurance reasons. Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 12:45:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Was the rifle new when you purchased it?  It sounds like you have an SP-1 green label with a different upper.  

If you actually have a green label receiver it might be worth as much as $1800.  Otherwise the $1500 ballpark isn't out of line for any preban.  I would insure it for $2000 and just tell the insurance company you have some kind of rare hybrid.  It sounds to me like you got a transition rifle between the green label and blue label AR-15s.
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 1:37:01 PM EDT
[#2]
rg00red,
I bought it new through the hardware store I work at so I know it's not a parts gun or a ba$tardized hybrid. I kinda thought it might be a transition model since all the references I see to the A2 AR's states they have the fence around the mag release and the reinforced recoil tube ring, neither of which mine has. Anyone else have an answer? Now I'm kinda curious about it. Thanks.

Bub
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 2:16:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Bub - sounds more like a blue label, probably an R6601.  Can you give us the first few digits of the s/n?  If it is a 6601 it will be something like MH0xxxxx.
Link Posted: 7/17/2001 6:33:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Fox,
I'm at work now, I'll look when I get home. Thanks.

Bub
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top