Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2001 4:33:04 AM EDT
Who elsed got boned by these guys.  

They are apparently gone...  Along with my and any other dumb shmuck's $$$ that gave it to them.  And all this without an Email stating the facts.  I've been more gracefully dumped by women!  I figured that I was indeed using them, so I didn't have a problem paying them.

I wonder what loophole their lawyers gave them so that they could charge for annual subscriptions, then go out of business 3 months later.  I don't have the fine print, but there's probably something in there that looks like "Annual or life of service".

Oh well, at least it was a cheap lesson learned!
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 5:10:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Always be careful what you purchase on the internet.  Expecially for 'services'  They can easily skip the country with your $.  

I was lucky,  I'm cheap and searched out for a free site (webshots).

When is Ed, Ed Sr, Goatboy etc going to skip town?  lol.  J/K

Link Posted: 7/16/2001 5:23:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 7:01:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/16/2001 8:22:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't bullshit you guys, and most people know my real name. (Only a select few have my home address and phone number! But my home address is not secret either!!!)
-- GB
View Quote

Hmm...  Is your real name "McUZI" ??    

Also..  I hope you don't mind but I when I sent in my membership fee, I marked the package "CAUTION -- EXPLOSIVES ENCLOSED!" .

[sleep]  [sleep]  [sleep]  [sleep]  [sleep]

Seriously though...  These fly-by-night internet companies will all be folding soon.  It's a simple law of economics... You cannot provide services for free and incur huge expenses forever.

Lesson Learned:  GET A MEMBERSHIP HERE and get free photo hosting.  !!  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top