Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2001 7:03:20 PM EDT
We all tend to get along great on these boards and have a lot of fun, so how not fighting over religious preferences and such.
I suggest either avoid posting religious topics OR don't read topics if you are going to be offended by the title of the topics.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Agree 100%. I am a Christian but I don't feel the need to impose or advertise my beliefs with anyone. Some do, it's just not my style.

Religious topics should be taboo, BUT so should anti religious topics.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:15:31 PM EDT
[#2]
hooahh.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:22:28 PM EDT
[#3]
That, and abortion, both pro and con.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:47:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, and Libertarian vs. Republicans topics, and AR vs. AK arguments, and racial disputes of any kind or nature (remember CavVet?), flag disputes, and all that drivel.

I find South vs. North a sore subject as well, and CitySlicker vs. Redneck posts always get too argumentative and divisive. I'm surely at the end of my teather over FFL Dealers vs. Civilians, Lawyers vs. Decent Folks, LEOs vs. Everybody Else, and quite a few other subjects
that escape me just now.

I think they need to take all that crap over to the General Discussion Board! Harumph!

Eric The(HowAboutChevyVs.Ford,Huh?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:50:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yeah, and Libertarian vs. Republicans topics, and AR vs. AK arguments, and racial disputes of any kind or nature (remember CavVet?), flag disputes, and all that drivel.

I find South vs. North a sore subject as well, and CitySlicker vs. Redneck posts always get too argumentative and divisive. I'm surely at the end of my teather over FFL Dealers vs. Civilians, Lawyers vs. Decent Folks, LEOs vs. Everybody Else, and quite a few other subjects
that escape me just now.

I think they need to take all that crap over to the General Discussion Board! Harumph!

View Quote

I agree with Eric
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:52:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

Okay, point taken.

But if you want a subject sure to start a fight, religion is a sure bet.

Jihad!
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 7:53:17 PM EDT
[#7]
If a post is going to piss you off, don't read it. Makes great sense to me.

Some people think the U.S. Constitution guarantees them the right not to be offended, I checked, it doesn't.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 8:05:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I think we should all just agree to worship the black guns that we all love anyway. Can't we all just get along.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 8:05:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Some people think the U.S. Constitution guarantees them the right not to be offended, I checked, it doesn't.
View Quote

Okay, another good point.

Link Posted: 7/15/2001 8:06:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
yep i dont like it dont read it
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 8:16:00 PM EDT
[#11]
We need to get away from name calling. Religious topics can lead to more understanding of each other. I am Jewish and share uor teachings with both Christans and Islam.
Get down to it the Bible and history can often give us useful information to convince others that self defense is a right.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 9:49:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 10:09:15 PM EDT
[#13]
I really do not think you can compare the religous and abortion topics with the others Eric listed. Both of these are too emotionally charged, involve passions from both sides and serve to gain absolutely nothing. Neither side is going to win and the membership comes away with no new knowledge or understanding of something or another members feelings. It only served to make enemies and cause gaps.
In the case of most of the other topics mentioned there are things to be learned and something to be gained.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top