Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

A valid email is required.
Password is required.
Site Notices
3/20/2017 5:03:23 PM
Posted: 7/14/2001 8:16:24 AM EDT
CDNN is selling 16” Poly-Tech for $400. It has the following configuration: · Originally imported in 1989 · Bayonet lug removed · Muzzle brake permanently attached · Dragunov style stock Is this a good buy? Is this a good rifle? Can (legally) the Dragunov style stock be changed to a normal stock and grip? Please respond in detail. Thank you, Regards, FRIZ
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 8:32:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/14/2001 8:29:38 AM EDT by William J Clinton]
What month in '89 was it imported? That is gonna make a huge diference. Basically you could outfit it anyway you wanted from '89 up until '94. The '89 importation ban only banned the importation of such rifles but did nothing to stop people from replacing those features once the rifle got into the USA. When the Polytech's were originally imported the came with the regular stock, pistol grip, bayonet, but the buyer had to attach them after he bought it. In '94 I helped make that illegal, by requiring you to use American parts in the rifle to make it a domestic rifle rather than an imported one, then you can have only one of the offending features, most choose the pistol grip. If the rifle was imported after the '89 ban and is still in it's original configuration then you would need to add the required amount of American parts to make a domestic rifle, otherwise it would be an illegal assault weapon. It would also be very hard to prove that it was 'pre-ban' if it is post '89 ban but pre '94 ban, and I'm not sure that it would make that much difference to the ATF. As a matter of fact when you sell a 'pre-ban' rifle, one that was grandfathered in before the ban, it becomes a post-ban rifle to it's new owner and is supposed to have the offending features removed, but this is complicated because there really is no way to enforce that part of the law. I hope this helps you, I wouldn't want to have to send the ATF out looking for you over this. [smoke]
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 11:19:17 AM EDT
Thank you.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 12:08:43 PM EDT
B-west has soft receivers there not hardend properly.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 8:13:25 PM EDT
Gentlemen Thank you for your advice. Regards, FRIZ
Top Top