Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/13/2001 8:29:34 PM EDT
Or maybe its me can someone clue me in here folks. I have never had this much problem in CA. Matter of fact I was not doing too bad. I wasn't in the "player" status but I had game. If I went out I would get at least a number. I never bother with pick up lines. I just say hi or hello and go from there. Worked for me in the past. Here it seems like they think I am an insurance salesman come to sell em a policy. I get that "Not interested, go away look in their eyes"

Went to happy hour with some folks from the place I am temping at, and thought hey, plenty of women here(some pool place and bar). Cool. So I try to start making small talk with this girl in the next table. She answered all my questions, but I was getting the major cold front. So I dropped it.

We move to the bar. A group of 5 girls were there and the 2 guys I was with start talking to them so I jump in. Nothing. Another cold front.

I go home. ALONE. No digits. No nothing. This sucks. I seem to have the Imbrolio curse here in TX.

WTF!!! How the hell do meet women here in TX. Tried the singles ads on line and that's getting me nowhere too. I even put an ad out myself instead of just answering them. All I get is response for nudie sites.

Man this sucks!!!! NO JOB. NOT GETTING LAID. I'm starting to get gun shy here. Maybe I have a growth on the side of my head I don't know about. Maybe the ugly stick hit me a few more times bet here and CA, and I am now in the fugly category.

Sorry just had to rant here. No one else to rant to.

[i]Edited for grammar and spelling kinda hard to type when you're buzzed[/i]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:37:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe the proper term is Poontang Deficiency Syndrome.

That's why they make late night cable.

[IMG]http://ubb.mcuzi.com/ubb/icons/icon68.gif[/IMG]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:38:15 PM EDT
[#2]
ROTFLMMFAO.........LT, for a nominal fee, I'll educate you in the fine art of hunting Texas gals!  [:D]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:38:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you tried offering these women cash?
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:40:46 PM EDT
[#4]
most of the girls in Texas are white trailer trash.. no offense to any ladies from Texas on this forum
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:41:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Have you tried buying a pickup, wearing a ridiculous hat, getting a humungous belt buckle, tight blue jeans and some shitkickers?
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:46:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Have you tried buying a pickup, wearing a ridiculous hat, getting a humungous belt buckle, tight blue jeans and some shitkickers?
View Quote

God NO!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:46:53 PM EDT
[#7]
It takes a little time to get that "Texas" style or flair.

But once you have it you'll be swimming in blonde hair tied with a black bow. Nothing is finer combine a Texas twang and ooh la la.

...uh but it's Friday night again and lbj doesn't have a date.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:51:45 PM EDT
[#8]
What works for me (although it might not for you) is to saunter up to the bar, place my drink on the bar and stir it with my dick.

All the while licking my eyebrows.

I never am at a loss for fine young things.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:52:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Try watching "Dukes of Hazzard" re-runs...
There should be a few fine role models for you....
Bo & Luke Duke Always got the ladies....

"Yawl Cum-Bak Naw, Ya-Heer"
Hee-yuk-yuk...
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:53:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

God NO!!!!!!!
View Quote

Maybe you should.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:59:18 PM EDT
[#11]
O. K. LT, plain and simple. You are a "furriner" and still have the Calif. look. They can smell it a mile away.  The sweet Texas gals want a real Texan, and the others, the trailer trash, want anything with a paycheck. As they say, by birth American, by Gods grace Texan. Give it some time and they will accept you.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 9:04:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
and the others, the trailer trash, want anything with a paycheck.
View Quote

OK, where do I get one of these?
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 9:30:43 PM EDT
[#13]
Tell them you want to enter her in the Miss Double Wide contest.

Why wasn't Jesus born in Texas ?
Because they couldn't find three wisemen and a virgin.

Actually, I kinda like TX and the women there.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 9:48:07 PM EDT
[#15]
It must be obvious that you're from Cali. Put down the friggin' Zima and learn to drink Shiner. And ditch the baggy bell bottoms.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 9:48:18 PM EDT
[#16]
So....you were a player in Ca huh? No wonder you can't get anywhere with Texas women.

Are you one of those long-haired, hippie-type, pinko, fags?[:)]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 9:49:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Place yourself in the Texas gals position. Hell, they're trying to get rid of transplanted Califorians......not breed with 'em.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Study Henry Cho. When you get to the bar, tell them you're Henry and you will get laid for sure. They won't know the difference.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 10:01:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Just get 'em good 'n drunk.

Then use all the right buzzwords..... "hogtie", "lariet", "My daddy's an oil tycoon", stuff like that.

If that doesn't work,... get 'em even drunker.

[8P]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 10:14:50 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
What works for me (although it might not for you) is to saunter up to the bar, place my drink on the bar and stir it with my dick.

All the while licking my eyebrows.

I never am at a loss for fine young things.
View Quote

Hielo, why's your wiener coming out of your chest?  Or are you hanging out at those midget bars again?

LT, find a trailer trash girl and throw $40 worth of meth on the table.  That should get you some action.
Else you could try getting rid of the Filipino accent and using a Mexican one [;)]  Enough of them down there.
BTW, use personal ads if you must.  Just keep it to yourself.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 10:17:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Your not using enough tequila.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 10:19:15 PM EDT
[#22]
What you need is that big belt buckle the size of a hubcap, that will always impress them.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 10:33:01 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I go home. ALONE. No digits. No nothing. This sucks. I seem to have the Imbrolio curse here in TX.
View Quote

No digits = No handjob?  
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 10:36:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
No offense, reality check, did it ever occur that to you that you're "brown"? [:\]
View Quote

Reality Check ---->  (secret covert picture of Deltree)

[img]web-comm.com/ar15/bikini004.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 7/13/2001 10:43:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Dude,

Come on back to California. We got the beaches. We got the jobs. We got the womenz.

We ain't got no good guns, but we're working on it.

We'll be waiting for ya.

BTW, are your evil black rifles still registered in CA?
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 10:43:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

No digits = No handjob?  
View Quote

I think " No digits " is CA Yuppie slang for " No Phone Number "
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 10:49:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Damn Starbucks lingo !  (hell..  I'd rather get a handjob than a fake phone number any day of the week)
  [8P]  [8P]  [8P]  [8P]  [8P]  [8P]  [8P]  [8P]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 10:49:44 PM EDT
[#28]

Reality Check ---->  (secret covert picture of Deltree)

[img]web-comm.com/ar15/bikini004.jpg[/img]

[/quote]

uhhh, GET A LIFE. Go back to McUzi.com and post your BS there.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 11:02:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Hmmm..  Funny how you deleted your original post insulting LordTrader.

Did a hurricane blow through your trailer park?
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 11:02:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Live near Dallas by any chance?

[url]http://www.nicoleofdallas.com/1st.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 11:42:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Hmmm..  Funny how you deleted your original post insulting LordTrader.

View Quote

Uhhmm, insulting him? look again, maybe you need glasses. That's the reason I deleted my post since I dont want to insult him as I am "brown" too. Read my post again where it said "NO OFFENSE"

I posted that since white is the majority of TX.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 11:50:01 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

By the way, sorry I dont live a trailer park as there are very few of them here in CA. Do you live in a trailer park yourself?

Damn Starbucks lingo ! (hell.. I'd rather get a handjob than a fake phone number any day of the week)
View Quote

Another reason you need a life, are you that desperate?. ROFLMAO handjobs.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 12:47:53 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Here it seems like they think I am an insurance salesman come to sell em a policy. I get that "Not interested, go away look in their eyes
View Quote

Well insurance salesmen are in the same general industry as you are.....

Did you adopt the Texas dress code? Hat, boots, Wranglers, big belt buckle and a braided belt?

If this was 20 years ago I would say its becuase you are Asian, but there are lots of Asians in Texas now.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 6:01:34 AM EDT
[#34]
LT,

[i]Women can smell an agenda on you....[/i]

Go rent "The Tao of Steve" and prosper!! [:D]
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 6:53:07 AM EDT
[#35]
Your mistake was picking to live in Dallas over Houston.

In Dallas, the best way to pick up chicks is by hanging a $100 bill halfway out of your pocket and strutting around.

Seriously, go down to Deep Ellum tonight, find a nice little club that is jammin with the kind of music you like and relax.  Let it happen, it will happen, you just can't press it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 7:07:41 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 7:40:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Since it's Texas maybe your supposed to rope em and hog tie em.

Ok here's a bit of advice.  Find a woman that even just as a friend will go out and be with you in one of these establishments.  It never fails that women will always hit on you when your with another woman already.  They can't resist wanting something some else already has.

Any more advice and I'll have to charge ya.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 8:14:42 AM EDT
[#38]
the issue lies with where you are, plano...if you dont have enough money or heroin then youve already lost. try ft.worths night life its more laid back and the people are alot nicer. odds are more in your favor i asure you. if you go to north side then you will need to dress like the stereo typical cowboy w' horse..if you go down town (wich i recomend) then dress casual and you shouldnt have any issues.

deltree: according to latest census report whites are well out numbered by hispanics.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 8:33:41 AM EDT
[#39]
AR15MAN Ft. Worth huh. Hmmm worth a look.

MM = Tao of Steve. Book? Never heard of it. Maybe you're right. Desperation shows on my face.

RBAD and deltree = comon guys lets not make this into a race thread. I pretty much threw this out there for entertainment purposes. Yes No Dallas is predominantly white and I AM Filipino. Maybe that has something to do with it. However, one of the gals I approached last night was also Asian.

Leadfly, Deep Ellum, I have heard a lot about the area but never been there. I might just make a trip out next weekend. My confidence is shot for the time being. It'll take a week to build it up. That and I get paid from my temp job on Fri.

Sasquatch = Yup I definitely had better luck in CA specially them young chicky snacks in Huntington. (sigh) I miss those days.

Well I'm off to get my cars oil changed and go see Final Fantasy....ALONE [:(]
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 8:35:22 AM EDT
[#40]
ROTFLMAO
Hey, LT, get rid of that desperate look. The wimenz can spot that a mile away. As for dress, just get some Wranglers, boots and a nice white long sleeve shirt, and drink something like a Miller Light, or if you dare, a Shiner Bock. And relax, smile and have a good time and above all DON'T LOOK DESPERATE.
And FGS, don't call them "Hi, li'l heifer, whatchu up to"
Good luck
KenS
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 8:37:10 AM EDT
[#41]
LT Have you thought about renting? There is an Alaskan saying "If it floats, flys, or flucks it's cheaper to rent...
Good Luck and Happy Hunting,   Rabon..
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 8:54:37 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
ROTFLMAO
Hey, LT, get rid of that desperate look. The wimenz can spot that a mile away. As for dress, just get some Wranglers, boots and a nice white long sleeve shirt, and drink something like a Miller Light, or if you dare, a Shiner Bock. And relax, smile and have a good time and above all DON'T LOOK DESPERATE.
And FGS, don't call them "Hi, li'l heifer, whatchu up to"
Good luck
KenS
View Quote

So the Guiness, Dockers, Polo long sleeves, and Oakley glasses is a turn off here in TX. Well shit!!! Thanx for clueing me in. I can handle Shiner. I can handle the boots. The rest I'll have to work on.

Quoted:
LT Have you thought about renting? There is an Alaskan saying "If it floats, flys, or flucks it's cheaper to rent...
Good Luck and Happy Hunting,   Rabon..
View Quote

Yeah I rented last nite....XTSY channel.....cost me $9.95
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 10:14:24 AM EDT
[#43]
LT -

The problem is you're from CA and you're in TX now.  Its like going to another country.  The girls (and everyone else, for that matter) just don't understand you, you've got to learn to speak their language.  Here's some pointers...

HEIDI - (noun) -Greeting.
HIRE YEW - Complete sentence. Remainder of greeting. Usage: Heidi, Hire yew?"
BARD - (verb) - Past tense of the infinitive "to borrow." Usage: "My brother bard my pickup truck."
JAWJUH - (noun) - The State north of Florida. Capitol is Lanner. Usage: "My brother from Jawjuh bard my pickup truck."
BAMMER - (noun) - The State west of Jawjuh. Capitol is Berminhayum. Usage: "A tornader jes went through Bammer an' left $20,000,000
in improvements."
MUNTS - (noun) - A calendar division. Usage: "My brother from Jawjuh bard my pickup truck, and I ain't herd from him in munts."
THANK - (verb) - Ability to cognitively process.
Usage: "Ah thank ah'll have a bare."
BARE - (noun) - An alcoholic beverage made of barley, hops, and yeast.  Usage: "Ah thank ah'll have a bare."
IGNERT - (adjective) - Not smart. See "Arkansas native." Usage: "Them bammer boys sure are ignert!"
RANCH - (noun) - A tool used for tight'nin' bolts. Usage: "I thank I left my ranch in the back of that pickup truck my brother from Jawjuh bard a few munts ago."
ALL - (noun) - A petroleum based lubricant. Usage: "I sure hope my brother from Jawjuh puts all in my pickup truck."
FAR - (noun) - A conflagration. Usage: "If my brother from Jawjuh don't change the all in my pickup truck, that thing's gonna catch far."
TAR - (noun) - A rubber wheel. Usage: "Gee, I hope that brother of mine from Jawjuh don't git a flat tar in my pickup truck."
TIRE - (noun) - A tall monument. Usage: "Lord willin' and the creek don't rise, I sure do hope to see that Eiffel Tire in Paris sometime."
RETARD - (verb) - To stop working. Usage: "My grampaw retard at age 65."
FAT - (noun), (verb) - a battle or combat; to engage in battle or combat. Usage: "You younguns keep fat'n, n' ah'm gonna whup y'uh."
RATS - (noun) - Entitled power or privilege. Usage: "We Southerners are willin' to fat for are rats."
FARN - (adjective) - Not domestic. Usage: "I cuddint unnerstand a wurd he sed...must be from some farn country."
DID - (adjective) - Not alive. Usage: "He's did, Jim."
EAR - (noun) - A colorless, odorless gas: Oxygen. Usage: "He cain't breathe...give 'im some ear!"
BOB WAR - (noun) - A sharp, twisted cable. Usage: "Boy, stay away from that bob war fence."
JU HERE - (noun) and (verb) contraction. Usage: "Ju here that my brother from Jawjuh got a job with that bob war fence cump'ny?"
HAZE - a contraction. Usage: "Is Bubba smart?" "Nah...haze ignert. He ain't thanked but a minnit'n 'is laf."
SEED - (verb) - past tense of "to see".
VIEW - contraction: (verb) and pronoun. Usage: "I ain't never seed New York City... view?"
GUBMINT - (noun) - A bureaucratic institution. Usage: "Them gubmint boys shore is ignert ."

Link Posted: 7/14/2001 10:38:22 AM EDT
[#44]
And a few more...

Aholt: get in touch with; as in "I'll get aholt of him"
Bob Warr Fants: something to keep cattle in the pasture
Born: a building on a rayanch
Brayud: something you make a sangweech with
Camer: a thang you take pitchers with
Hay Und: something that holds your five fingers
Hayud: where you keep your brains
Hayut: something you wear on your hayud
Lektrit Fayun: something you plug in to make breezes blow
Libary: a place whurr you check out books
Mals: measure of distance
Maon: like "Ah don't need a ride, ah has maon cawur"
Meer: a looking glass
Merkan Cissen: one born in the USA
Pay Un: a thang used to cook in
Punchard Tar: something that goes flat when you don't have a spare
Rat Cheer: in this very place
Rat Naow: immediately if not sooner
Rat Tare: a little south of Rat Cheer
Rayanch: an piece of property over fifty thousand acres
Rinch: when you soak your clothes in clear water
Sangweech: something made with two pieces of brayud
Tal: a thang you dries dishes with after they have been rinched
Tant: a thang that holds a circus
Tarred: plum tuckered out
Warr Plars: something you cut a fants with
Whan: like "Whan yuh comin tuh see me?"
Whurr: like "whurr's muh hayut?"
Woosh: like "Ah woosh you would be muh sweethort, Mary Lou"

Link Posted: 7/14/2001 10:58:03 AM EDT
[#45]
My prior employer used to send me to Dallas (Richardson) frequently for training at Alcatel and Northern Telecom. I lived at the Holiday Inn on Central Expressway in Plano for 4 weeks in Feb and March 1994. In four weeks, I got lucky with three different women, one of them several times (in fairness, she was from Az and was there for training too). Maybe it was different back then but I couldn't believe how many good looking, friendly, available women were there - mostly blondes. I've been around most of Texas (dad was born there) and the only place I liked better than Dallas/Fort Worth was Austin.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 12:30:24 PM EDT
[#46]
When I went to college in Santa Fe (same school as the writer of and main character in "The Tao of Steve" went to incidentally) the girls from Texas were the best, I thought. Not always the prettiest but just cool, laid-back and fun.  You know who I thought were the worst?  The weirdest, dysfunctional-est?  That's right baby, LA girls!
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 2:57:58 PM EDT
[#47]
You need to get a cowboy hat, boots, and say "y'all" alot.  

I am ascared at what might happen to me in Texas if the womenz are meaner there compared to where I am now. I would probably end up being drug on the ground behind a Volkswagen Cabriolet filled with womenz.
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 3:01:43 PM EDT
[#48]
Well if you can't get laid in TX you'll just have to kick some ass.

Maybe this will help:[url]http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0961317752/107-1243943-2910159[/url]
[img]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0961317752.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 7/14/2001 3:15:57 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
You need to get a cowboy hat, boots, and say "y'all" alot.  

I am ascared at what might happen to me in Texas if the womenz are meaner there compared to where I am now. I would probably end up being drug on the ground behind a Volkswagen Cabriolet filled with womenz.
View Quote

Maybe you oughta come to TX. We could make like Abbott and Costello team. You know since your 4'11" and 300lbs you be Costello. Well get the humor and sympathy angle to get womenz.
Link Posted: 7/15/2001 12:15:17 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pictures Please? Nothing like personal examples to illustrate a point[:D].
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top